Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    Revo has a 20% off sale on right now, which is what swayed me to finally get it done. Cost me $790, unlocked and tuned!
    How accurate are revo's peak performance claims. They claim 205kW which is way above any of their competitors for Stage 1.

Also the revo Aus website said the 20% sale is only valid til 18/08/2013?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Dammit! I wait 2 years to get a tune and then they have a special on a month after I finally decide to get it done
    TheSpeedfighter had a Stage 1 done at Peak Performance a few weeks before the special arrived on the scene - pretty sure he got refunded the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The ~3 tanks following the tune tend to return below average fuel economy
    It's not until the tune/performance novelty wears off that you will discover the true day to day fuel economy

Generally I can get 540km out of a tank (petrol stage2) around town
    but on long open road trips (economy running) I have logged 620km out of a tank
    So far my record is 1,030km (or so) out of a tank, but that was only recent. Won't be long until I find out just how each tank goes!
    Currently looking at 630km with 290km to go before tank is empty, so not *too* bad...

Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    How accurate are revo's peak performance claims. They claim 205kW which is way above any of their competitors for Stage 1.

Also the revo Aus website said the 20% sale is only valid til 18/08/2013?
    I walked into VW Village and asked about the 20% off sale 'ending in Jan' and they said 'yup, thats valid' - so I dunno!
    Also - I'll definitely be running it on a dyno after its run in a bit more.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    So I installed my Chinese RVC over the weekend.
    Not quite plug n play but not too far off.

Its a composite video CCD camera that replaces the boot release handle. This one actually fits the cutout properly unlike the Tiguan OEM RGBS one which would require cutting the boot body. Requires an RGBS to composite video converter box so not as good quality but acceptable.

This is the camera:
    Skoda Modifications-camera-jpg

Which is available here

And this is the RGBS converter:
    Skoda Modifications-rgbs-converter-jpg

Which is available here

Skoda Modifications-internal-boot-jpg

Installation obviously involves running the cable form the head unit down the left hand side of the car under trim, through the boot rubber conduit and into the boot void behind the trim. Non-trivial in terms of time and swearing effort, but I still have all my fingers afterwards

Couple of issues to note:
    1. The camera/boot release handle (like most of these Chinese Skoda accessories) are for the liftback model, which has different connectors everywhere to the wagon, for no good reason (eg the rear light clusters). So I had to put some wires into the connector and strip back a bit of insulation from the boot release motor wires to connect directly to. Also the shape of the new handle release is slightly different to the original and requires a bit of packing (I just used some foam rubber) under the metal cover to allow the screws to bring it in tight against the boot body.

2. The reverse light power circuit is DIRTY. Massive interference on the image initially. Connected to constant 12v power from the boot release motor was very clean but the camera will burn out if its constantly powered. So the power needs to be filtered. The image is still not 100% clean but perfectly usable. Jaycar is your friend here.

3. The default reversing image, with 5238 firmware, is still the parking sensor display as opposed to the reverse camera image with sensor display on the left side like factory. Have to push the little camera icon on the screen to bring up the image. I'll look into this hopefully just a setting.
    Fixed see below thanks Readorr
    Skoda Modifications-reverse-image-jpg

All in all a nice addition for about $120
    Last edited by kamold; 13-01-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    So I installed my Chinese RVC over the weekend.
    Not quite plug n play but not too far off.

3. The default reversing image, with 5238 firmware, is still the parking sensor display as opposed to the reverse camera image with sensor display on the left side like factory. Have to push the little camera icon on the screen to bring up the image. I'll look into this hopefully just a setting.

All in all a nice addition for about $120
    When tweaking a clients superb with a similar system, I found you have to tell the park sensors control module that a reserve camera is present. At the time the tickbox didn't exist in VCDS on skodas, I had to copy the raw hex code from a VCDS screenshot the client luckily happened to have from a VW module, but I think its in VCDS 12 now...

Edit: Here's a shot of the working code. Remember some settings might be telling it to expect a superb sized car.
    Last edited by readerr0r; 13-01-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    nice one, thanks.
    I'll check that this afternoon.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    That was it thanks!
    Last edited by kamold; 13-01-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Stage 2; DPF delete; rear muffler delete.

Pulls all the way to redline, which is weird to say the least ;p ... And the turbo noise and idle drone is to die for!
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    Nice

Where did you get that done? I was looking at a cheap down pipe & wanted to add a catcon but the muffler place I spoke to wasn't the least bit interested in welding the cat onto the dp
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    gldgti helped me with the downpipe modification, and I got the delete done at Liverpool Exhaust - they made my 3" catback originally.

I'd go in and get Chev to take a look at it - pay cash you'll get a bit off
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    Stage 2; DPF delete; rear muffler delete.
    Pulls all the way to redline, which is weird to say the least ;p ... And the turbo noise and idle drone is to die for!
    Have you got a stage2 ECU program with DPF regen removed? Did you get a discount given you only got the stage 1 recently?

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast