Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda Modifications

Kamold...interested to hear more about the tune, just acquired a MY10 Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon and this is first mod on the list. So by the sounds of it not a lot of difference (in terms of how quick it is) around town? Have you had a few highway trips yet? Any noticeable difference in economy?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by skinner View Post
    Kamold...interested to hear more about the tune, just acquired a MY10 Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon and this is first mod on the list. So by the sounds of it not a lot of difference (in terms of how quick it is) around town? Have you had a few highway trips yet? Any noticeable difference in economy?
    Mate, a tune had been the best money I've ever spent on a car, or almost anything in ny life- and I buy a lotta ****! Lol

It really gives the car the power it should have had out of the factory and the car becomes so much more angry and playful. And overtaking on the highway in 6th cos is easy hahaha. Lots more torque all around
    www.TheRapidWrench.Melbourne
    The convenient, professional and affordable mobile bicycle mechanic that comes to you!
    My RS build thread

Users Country Flag
    Yeah its definitely the best bang for buck for any forced induction car.
    I find I am driving less sedately just to feel that 435Nm shove in mid range.
    Fuel economy has not changed noticeably. Its much more affected by the amount of open road driving you can get in.
    Long term average with about 75% city driving is 6.4L/100.

It probably knocks ~1 - 1.5 seconds off the 0-100 time, but I've not measured it at all. Certainly not quick by any measure but acceptable.

Highly recommended.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks for the quick reply, might have to book it in to get a stage 1 revo tune done then.

Users Country Flag
    You won't be disappointed
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    ive done the apr tune on my 2010vrs and it makes it so much more driveable.
    the tune makes the vrs the car it should have been from the factory

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yeah its definitely the best bang for buck for any forced induction car.
    I find I am driving less sedately just to feel that 435Nm shove in mid range.
    Fuel economy has not changed noticeably. Its much more affected by the amount of open road driving you can get in.
    Long term average with about 75% city driving is 6.4L/100.

It probably knocks ~1 - 1.5 seconds off the 0-100 time, but I've not measured it at all. Certainly not quick by any measure but acceptable.

Highly recommended.
    +1
    I don't feel much difference with the 0-100 time, but when you're doing 50 and need to speed up a bit the pure whack of torque is amazing. Would recommend.
    I can't say much about fuel economy, I'm 1/3rd through the first tank, but already it seems a bit worse... But that could just be because I love the torque so much

Revo has a 20% off sale on right now, which is what swayed me to finally get it done. Cost me $790, unlocked and tuned!
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    I don't think a tune is about outright power. It's the better shaped / smoother torque curve & the earlier boost.

$800 for Revo is great value.

I'd also look at Custom Code & Viezu & there's another "custom" tune who's name escapes me.

I have a Bluefin. At the time it was half the price of any of the other tunes. Greta bang4buck but if I was doing it now I'd probably go another direction even though the Bluefin is great.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Dammit! I wait 2 years to get a tune and then they have a special on a month after I finally decide to get it done

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    I don't feel much difference with the 0-100 time, but when you're doing 50 and need to speed up a bit the pure whack of torque is amazing. Would recommend.
    I can't say much about fuel economy, I'm 1/3rd through the first tank, but already it seems a bit worse... But that could just be because I love the torque so much
    The ~3 tanks following the tune tend to return below average fuel economy
    It's not until the tune/performance novelty wears off that you will discover the true day to day fuel economy

Generally I can get 540km out of a tank (petrol stage2) around town
    but on long open road trips (economy running) I have logged 620km out of a tank
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast