Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by sbm View Post
    Hey,

If anyone is interested, i have an excel spreadsheet from the dealer listing all factory accessories for all Skoda models (Fabia, Superb etc), with part number, price and time to fit. (Australia only)

It may give you an idea on what you are up for if you want a dealer fitted part.

I don't have permission to attach it, but you can PM me and i can email it to you, otherwise if a moderator can find a good spot for it on the forum for all to access i can pass it on.

cheers

Sean
    Hey mate, PM sent

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
    Gawd. If I had to put something like that in (and it would be at gunpoint) I'd be trying to put it in the cubby holes at the rear side corners. Maybe two smaller ones instead of one big cumbersome one? Way to much of a reduction of useable space for my liking. I like to be able to hear and plan on keeping it when I'm an older duffer.
    By that stage (3 days of ****ing around) I was just glad it was in and working.
    I originally wanted to mount one on each side of the wall, next to the cubby holes with the amp under the passengers seat - but there's not enough room in any of those places.
    When I have enough spare change to splurge on replacing that sub, I'll get a superslim one and I'll find somewhere better to put it.
    But until then... That's what I've got.

I reckon I could enter competitions with this and the stock speaker system - its that good!!

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    While an install like that isn't my cup of tea either, it doesn't mean the system will be run at ear damaging levels.
    Absolutely not - I like my hearing the way it is.
    Well... Then again, windows down on Macquarie Pass with the music up is a different story!!

But generally - it spends half of the time switched off. (Switch in roof console)
    Last edited by Mysticality; 14-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    my latest modification - audi paddle shifter extensions.....

MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    That actually looks pretty snazzy!!... Apart from the square holes in the front.

How much do you actually use the paddles?
    Not including hers...

I installed a sub in my boot too... put it off for a long time until I convinced myself I could live without using the storage in behind the trim panel on the RHS in the boot:

'07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag

Re: Skoda Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by gldgti View Post
    I installed a sub in my boot too... put it off for a long time until I convinced myself I could live without using the storage in behind the trim panel on the RHS in the boot:

Ahhhhgggggg! The stock boot lights! My eyes!
    Do yourself a favour and get some led lights.
    Nice sub install btw

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

The led boot lights from super skoda are pretty awesome..

Been thinking if doing the same with a sub.. Did you upgrade all the speakers? Or just an amp and the sub? I was thinking of just that but not sure how useful that alone would be..
    Last edited by joele; 16-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Can't agree more RE: Superskoda LED's!!

Here's my sub/amp install. I use both of the storage cupboards, so they were out.
    I'm going to (read: eventually) get a set of RCA sockets on a small metal board and mount that to the interior trim - just to look a little more professional, and a little friendlier to remove should I need the entire boot space.

Not bad for a total cost (at the end of installation) of $200!
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Have bought the TDI RS a Provent200 (air/oil seperator) to fit up, a bit late considering that I have 75K on it now, but better late then never. Trying to work out where to fit it and have been toying with the idea of getting a APR intake which will free up some space and streamline the intake. ( check out Poyta's thread - Poyta's GT
    Now that the car is out of warranty I might even look at getting a ECU tune as well..........

2012 Scout booked in for audio upgrade later in the week.. Not doing myself hopefully they do a much cleaner job than I would and less stress..

Replacing front and rear speakers with Focal PS165s, and dynamating (is that a word?) doors..

Also putting Focal IBUS 2.1 Compact Sub (front speakers run through it too) in the boot in one of the side compartments..

Will post pics and 'review' on the weekend..

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast