Support VWWC

Thread: Columbus EQ Settings & Dash Lights

Users Country Flag

Columbus EQ Settings & Dash Lights

Does anyone know if EQ settings (linear, language, rock, classical, dance) can be activated for an octavia with Columbus head unit? Seems to only have treble-mid-bass as standard.

Online manual references other EQ settings (page 11), maybe only available in other markets or models though.

https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/r...tionSystem.pdf

Also has anyone activated dash lights (ie for instrument cluster) to be enabled at all times with ignition not just when the headlights are on? Sometimes it's hard to see the markings for speed b/w the 20km/h increments with shadows/sun and when wearing sunglasses.

I've had this feature on previous cars and it is a lot easier to read at a glance, especially in VIC when you pretty much need to drive with one eye on the speedo at all times!

Users Country Flag
    those settings are only available with the premium (12-speaker) audio system, not offered/available to australian spec'ed models.
    You get an additional 4-speakers and an external amp (located under the passenger seat). the speakers are tagged "sound system".

with regards to dash lights, i believe running in "Scandanavian Mode" achieves the desired result.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 18-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    The marketing guy must have been on holidays when Skoda decided on the name...'Sound System'....seriously wtf?

That's the best they could think of? Or maybe the Czech name 'Super Monstrous Awesomesauce Sound System' lost something in translation?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    those settings are only available with the premium (12-speaker) audio system, not offered/available to australian spec'ed models.
    You get an additional 4-speakers and an external amp (located under the passenger seat). the speakers are tagged "sound system".

with regards to dash lights, i believe running in "Scandanavian Mode" achieves the desired result.
    Thanks for the info. So is the "premium" system mean the head unit hardware is different or just firmware? Any way to activate the feature or load new firmware to make it available? Not a massive deal, but playing with the current settings doesn't really get the sound I'm after.

Also, how do you activate "scandanavian mode"? Does this need to be coded through VCDS, and what else does scandanavian mode change?

Users Country Flag

Re: Columbus EQ Settings & Dash Lights

The head unit is the same with some vcds coding differences to output audio to the amp rather than speakers. if you want to emulate it just get an amp installed by an audio shop.
    Scandinavian mode is via vcds coding.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500