Support VWWC

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda Auto Sales in Australia via vfacts

Quote Originally Posted by VAG newbie View Post
    That's great. I guess the 2.8% finance has got a lot of interest as well! I don't think Fabia or Yeti would have contribute much to the sales though, as they are way too expensive at the moment. Maybe a couple per dealer having it registered as demo, but that should be less than 50 in total.

Which prove only one thing. Skoda really makes good cars! Despite VW's conspiracy to kill it here in Aus, I think consumers are smart! I mean, where else are you gonna get a car with Euro handling with German technology, traditional Aussie big 6's size, Japanese reliability and price? Smart people buy Skoda!
    Correction, SIMPLY CLEVER people buy Skoda's . It's a great slogan for a brand that is literally that, simply clever for all the reasons you have stated. Not that they would draw correlations between their slogan and their product to draw people into the brand, that would just be common sense!!

As for Skoda hitting 400 + units for the month of September, that is awesome!! I will still question how many if those were demo's for dealers, demos for HQ and how many were registered for the media and dealer drive days for both products.

Although in saying that even if 100 of them are Demos of some sort they have still had a big month on month jump.

There going to make ne eat my words, I LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frufru View Post
    I do not think that Fabia and Swift are the cars of the same size.
    All I can say is that the 4 week old 2300 km Swift we have in the drive is one hell of a fun car to drive. Janices S3 has done maybe 200km since we got it and she's a person who has owned only Porchses, BMW's and Audis since 1981!
    At over $5k saving a cm here or there makes no difference to us and it's got a 5 star safety rating the Fabia can't match. On top of that the after sales follow up and owner engagement from Suzuki Australia is something Skoda can only dream about.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    All I can say is that the 4 week old 2300 km Swift we have in the drive is one hell of a fun car to drive. Janices S3 has done maybe 200km since we got it and she's a person who has owned only Porchses, BMW's and Audis since 1981!
    At over $5k saving a cm here or there makes no difference to us and it's got a 5 star safety rating the Fabia can't match. On top of that the after sales follow up and owner engagement from Suzuki Australia is something Skoda can only dream about.
    Yep, agreed! We have a 3,000km 2011 GL Swift as a third run about, we brought it after driving my sisters. I can't imagine I would even consider the Fabia over the Swift, not at the prices they are asking today.

And Suzuki do have an excellent follow up program, dealer and HQ. I can't compare to Skoda as I never got one but much better tha VDub I can tell u that much !!

Users Country Flag
    400 sales last month

48 fabias

137 Octavias

78 superbs

110 yetis

27 scouts

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

"much better tha VDub I can tell u that much !!"

Except the car in question clearly isn't in the eyes of those in the know. Read current wheels magazine for a proper assessment of the light car class. Let's not confuse value for money and dealer/manufacturer performance with quality and superior driving dynamics.

48 Fabias? I suspect most of it would be Demos registered by dealers. Unfortunately, at this small car segment, which most of the buyers will be female, they will want an auto.

Let's see how it goes next year when DSG is introduced next year.

110 Yetis, that's pretty good for the first month!

Personally I'm not all that impressed with the Yeti + Fabia figures. Especially the Fabia with 34 dealers that's less than 2 demos for each, infact how many were retail cars?? I know of one and it's already been sold by it's owner after 300km!!

What I find impressive is the Octavia 130 odd us still pathetic but when you assess that in terms if Skida having never really marketed it I think it's great.

It would really good to find out the current total figure for 2011, does anyone have it??

Users Country Flag
    I have the exact figure at home and will confirm later but recall it is just shy of 2400. On target to do 3000 this year which is progress. Whilst the VW parent continues to strangle the product on pricing that is about as good as it will get.

I am looking at the superb 103 tdi ambition wagon against the passat 118 tsi wagon (12000 - 15000 kms per annum of predominantly suburban driving so fuel economy is no big issue) to replace my rs wagon when it has six months warranty left. The passat is only $1500 dollars more and comes with leather and bigger alloys. Its a no brainer for me. There needs to be a bigger price differential as is the case in Europe. Skodas are great cars but they are not the premium Euro brand as marketed here. Volkswagen will command a resale premium over Skoda in every market so you need to pay less for a Skoda in the first place. Come on VW Australia sort it out!

Quote Originally Posted by VAG newbie View Post
    110 Yetis, that's pretty good for the first month!
    Take off 30+ dealer demos and another 30 or so at least that have been registered for sales training and magazine testing and then factor into it that this vehicle has been anticipated for over 12 months with very positive overseas press and reviews and basically you are left with each dealer in the country being able to secure ONE pre release order each.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

I saw a few general stats in the paper today .. do we have the next bunch of stats for Shkoda yet??
    - 2006 Audi B7 RS4 sedan, black, APR supercharged
    - 2008 Audi B7 RS4 avant, silver -- 2002 Audi B5 S4 vagwagon, ming blue
    - MY12 OCTAVIA vRS Wagon | DSG | revo | Eurojet DP | Milltek catback | KW V3's | 18x9 -45 Rays VR G2's | 18x8.5 -45 A8 Flat Fives | Kumho KU36 245/35 | Superpro ALK | ECS Stage 3 BBK | ECS eng mount | ITG Maxogen | DTM front splitter | SB

Users Country Flag

609 for the month according to Courier Mail Cars Guide from last Saturday. No breakdown.

Fantastic figures!!!

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast