Support VWWC

Thread: She is a nag but she is always right!

Users Country Flag

She is a nag but she is always right!

You know when that special someone in your life is a persistent nag, you can't ignore her because she just won't let the subject go and she is always right and just a bit insufferable?

Well it started with "Your key battery needs replacing", which I only did about 18 months ago and when I tested the one I took out then it was only just a fraction below the specified voltage so I thought I would not be rushed into it this time.
    Of course everytime I get in the car to start there is the message, but I'm going to do it on my terms not hers.

So she raises the ante and gives me "The pressure in your front left tyre is low" as well, just to prove she cannot be ignored.
    So I check the tyre and low and behold there is a screw, all nice and new and right in the middle!

Naturally I can't win this one so the spare is on and tomorrow the tyre goes in for repair (I think the fifth puncture on this set of tyres since new 37k ago) and I'll get a new key battery as well.

Just maybe she will shut up then. Lucky I still love her.

Users Country Flag
    Hah thats funny
    Yeah hard to argue with modern technology
    Hopefully mine won't nag to much��

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrycan View Post
    You know when that special someone in your life is a persistent nag, you can't ignore her because she just won't let the subject go and she is always right and just a bit insufferable?
    Yep, know the feeling doubly so, I have a car and a wife!

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrycan View Post

Well it started with "Your key battery needs replacing", which I only did about 18 months ago and when I tested the one I took out then it was only just a fraction below the specified voltage so I thought I would not be rushed into it this time.
    Of course everytime I get in the car to start there is the message, but I'm going to do it on my terms not hers.

So she raises the ante and gives me "The pressure in your front left tyre is low" as well, just to prove she cannot be ignored.
    So I check the tyre and low and behold there is a screw, all nice and new and right in the middle!

Naturally I can't win this one so the spare is on and tomorrow the tyre goes in for repair (I think the fifth puncture on this set of tyres since new 37k ago) and I'll get a new key battery as well.

Just maybe she will shut up then. Lucky I still love her.
    You can wedge a 2032 battery in there to give longer life than the factory one. I did that on ours and touch wood, its 18 months since and all good so far.

I'd like to drive mine more - we only have 22k on it in almost 3 years, but we live inner city and I ride a bike to work (just upgraded from a zx14 to a KTM 1290 super duke). I think since december last year (last service) we have done 4k.......
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag
    Your car nags you?

Damn, so glad mine are old tech.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    You can wedge a 2032 battery in there to give longer life than the factory one. I did that on ours and touch wood, its 18 months since and all good so far.

I'd like to drive mine more - we only have 22k on it in almost 3 years, but we live inner city and I ride a bike to work (just upgraded from a zx14 to a KTM 1290 super duke). I think since december last year (last service) we have done 4k.......
    No problem I bought a few batteries for a couple of dollars from the Reject Shop. So far so good .... and so cheap I can hardly feel cheated if the messages comeback early.

My interpretation of a bike is a bit different to yours though as the only comparison between myself and Valentino Rossi is our weight
    For instance I was initially impressed in a recent conversation when a guy was telling how he had ridden about a thousand km over a four day tour only to realise he was not talking about cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Your car nags you?

Damn, so glad mine are old tech.
    Well, my 06 Golf is currently flashing up on the MFD that it needs servicing NOW!

Hell, I didn't even realise it was on heat. She is a nag but she is always right!

Cheers dave

I don't recall ever replacing the batteries in my Mk2 RS, my parents have it now, and pretty sure both keyfobs are still alive. Going on 9 yrs old now. So far getting close to 18mths in my Mk3 on the originals with KESSY.

Users Country Flag
    Both the batteries on my key fobs went flat within 2 weeks, MY16 with KESSY, car was only 18 mths from build. Fortunately I tried the spare and found it flat so had ordered batteries off ebay before the main went flat.
    Never got any warning.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

They often ask how close you keep the keys to where the car is. Our house is a long rectangle with the garage down the opposite end to where we keep both cars keys, and both have keyless entry.