Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Burger Motorsport Oil Catch Can on the way.
    There is a Groupbuy going on the SkodaModderz Facebook page if you are interested.

Also, I drove the car to dinner last night and I have a slipping clutch between 2500-3000 rpm.
    Reading lots about clutches now, But will most likely go with the Harding Performance SMF Kit (they can install too)

But if you have upgraded Clutch, I would love the feedback.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

While I had some time, I installed some New fog light bulbs.
    Should of researched a lot more but they were cheap on Black Friday.

The new lights are not as yellow as stock, but compared to the Headlights, they are still yellow.
    Might see what other options are around but don't want to spend the earth on lights that hardly get used.
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-1-jpg SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-3-jpg SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-2-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-2-jpg  
    Last edited by HPRS230; 27-02-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Also Installed a Cheap ebay Dash cam using the very nicely layout How to from Spinifex.
    I already had power on the drivers side, so ran Power cable along roof lining and down A Piller.

How to Hardwire a dashcam in Mk3 Octy, in 50 easy steps

SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-img_20171213_212858-jpg
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

BMS Oil Catch Can Install.
    Very nice piece of kit and very good value. It doesn't look out of place in the in engine bay as its black.

Install was fine once I had talked to Luke at Auto Instruct about cutting the hoses to the right length, Seems that the LHD cars are a little different.

Key notes would be, File the Dowel hole to make it a nice fit and cut hoses to length. Also cable tie the o2 wires before you attach the Can. I also added some cable ties to the hoses, but you don't have to do that.

Ill check in once a week and let you know what comes out!

SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-o2-jpg SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-o1-jpg
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-o4-jpg
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

BMS Oil Catch Can has returned no oil after checking it last night, but only driven about 400km all at sign posted speeds.
    Another member has installed a 42DD Catch can, and will be on track at the next happy laps, so will be interesting to see what he gets.

Still on the look out for MK7 Clutch reviews
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for your updates, just wondering where you bought your dog bone insert and does it suit 22 Sept 2015 build date? It seems the cut of for suitability is around this date? My car will bounce and thump when it loses traction, feels like the front end is going to fall out!
    2015 MY16 Brilliant Silver Octavia vRS Wagon TDI DSG with Tech Pack, 19" black pack, pano roof and auto tailgate

Quote Originally Posted by MarksVRS View Post
    Thanks for your updates, just wondering where you bought your dog bone insert and does it suit 22 Sept 2015 build date? It seems the cut of for suitability is around this date? My car will bounce and thump when it loses traction, feels like the front end is going to fall out!
    Hey mate, look up autoinstruct, the 034 mount seems to be the go. They sell both versions or you can replace to whole Bush and arm with HPA.

You on the SkodaModderz Facebook page mate??

Skoda RS230
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

1st & 2nd gear have been a bit hard to get into lately, not sure if its the weather or what. Its been over 6 months since I installed the CTS Short shifter, so maybe it has finally settled in and now the linkage cable needs aligning.

So after a quick google and youtube search I found how to align the Cable linkages. Seemed better on the test drive around the Block, but The real test is if the Mrs thinks its better as she drives it to work every day.

Just watch the youtube video, hardest part is trying to get the gear knob boot off.

YouTube

SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-knob-jpg SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-gearbox-jpg
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Ripped the Oil Catch can out, unfortunately it vibrates around the firewall. I filed the Dowl off and tapped and put a bolt thru for a longer dowel. Still not very nice, so its off the car.

Its a nice bit of kit, but the mounting point has let it down.

Ill look at other options once the Clutch is sorted.

As the car has been in stock power levels (about 160kW at the wheels) for a few months as the clutch was slipping, I've added 2psi via the JB4 Map6 with some boost limiting per gear (1st/2nd). And WOW, that's all the car need to wake up, so really looking forward to getting the clutch sorted so I can go back to 200+ kW..
    Last edited by HPRS230; 17-05-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

SO.... Ordered a Clutch Kit with another Member to get a better deal.
    We have gone with the NPC Heavy Duty Organic kit, which also replaces the flywheel with a single mass one, about 4kg lighter too!

Will get installed next week, then will need to Bed it in for a 1000km or so, then we can go back to 200kw at the wheels and over 400Nm...

Next on the list is a better oil catch, maybe go with 42DD (~350) or a VW Racing Line (~800) one
    Also on the list is some Spring Rubbers to increase the Spring Rate for track days.

Its the same kit as Hardings sell.
    Heavy Duty Organic - NPC - Leaders in Performance Clutches | Mansfield | QLD Australia
    Harding Performance HD Clutch and Flywheel Kit - MK7 R/MK7 GTI/MK6 GTI - Harding Performance
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast