Support VWWC

Thread: Scout dropped, or just between releases?

Scout dropped, or just between releases?

The Scout is not on the Skoda site. Possibly only because they're between releases, or has it been dropped from the range (surely not)?
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Seems that the Scout is no longer part of the current Australian Octavia line, according to Go Auto report 13/4/17 below:

https://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mel...25810100030BF8

A bit sad. I'm loving my second hand Scout especially now that I have the bigger wheels and the Underground Performance tune. I would seriously consider buying a newer one.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Yes, I think it's a model that helps broaden Skoda's image (utilitarian rather than purely sporty). I suppose alternatives are the Superb 4x4 (though a bit more expensive). I think Skoda think buyers are going for SUV's and they do, but there's always a core that prefer a wagon (obviously not enough though). Not everyone that wants 4x4 wants a big clunky vehicle.
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Notice there are no diesel octavias other than the 135kw RS DSG.
    So there may be a slot for a single Scout 4x4 model... but will it be diesel or petrol (132tsi - which is not used in other skodas here)
    The Kodiaq has been released as petrol only for now... diesel at a later date. (and it will use the more powerful 140 engine)

I think Skoda sees the Kodiaq will be far more popular than the Scout (or any octavias actually) and will focus on that.
    If they want to cater to a niche then import the Octavia RS 135TDI AWD model.

This happens everytime there is an update. I would say they will leave them until they are ready. Has anyone actually seen a Scout in the new updated form? Typically the RS and Scout are nearly a year behind, this time the RS seems to be the same time so maybe the Scout was the only one lagging.

Users Country Flag
    I hope it's only temporary. We love our Scout - size and styling of a standard station wagon, but able to get off-road to explore a bit more. I parked next to a pre-release Kodiaq in Sydney a couple of weeks ago, and was instantly aware of its size - it's just too big for only a couple, with only very occasional additional passengers.

The new Scout is clearly available overseas, so I really hope it makes it to Australia.

I'll keep the current car for at least another year but my fear is that if there's no Scout around by then I might just have to jump to another brand eg. VW Tiguan.
    MY15 Octavia Scout TDI135 Moon White Tech Pack Panoramic Sunroof Polar wheels

Users Country Flag

How about the Karoq, more Tiguan size and available Q2 next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)