Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS Airbox

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Turns out there are 2 more dealers in Australia
    Fast Stuff in Melbourne
    And another place in Newcastle - managed to get the last one in Australia RS Airbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    Keep us posted on how many KiloWasps you gain or if there is a general change in drive. Interested to know.
    Walking Contradiction...

MY15 Skoda Octavia vRS 162 Race Blue Combi

Hi Team,
    The VW centre in Canberra also has one or two in stock of the Racingline replacement panel filters - just Facebook them

Once gone the next delivery won't be until Jan / Feb
    $139 + shipping

MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

You're not going to gain anything other than a lighter wallet by fitting an after market filter. Anything that lets more air through is going to let more dust through.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiplastix View Post
    You're not going to gain anything other than a lighter wallet by fitting an after market filter. Anything that lets more air through is going to let more dust through.
    While I agree the gain is very very very little for the money. More flow dosnt mean more dust. If it's engineered properly and with the right materials there's no reason why it can't flow more the a OEM as there mass produced at a cost.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

I'm with LunchboxGti on this
    Paper filters offer poor flow, if you've ever held one up to a fan and then tried the same with a hi end filter you can feel a noticeable difference
    I believe the air box is a waste of money for very little gain unless you are going fit a larger turbo and intake system to suit

Users Country Flag
    Having said that there's a tipping point where the flow becomes greater at the price of filtration. You need to find the happy medium.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Get what you pay for, researched and the Racingline appear to be one of the better
    Would never consider an eBay special

Revo also make a foam panel filter similar to the VWR/Racingline one.

Users Country Flag

There's a good article on auto speed called something like "eliminating negative boost" where an adelaide guy make some real world measurements of the intake system of his Saab turbo and the biggest restrictions were the airbox and the air flow meter.
    the standard paper filter gave a very small amount of restriction.
    the aim of any intake mods would be to have full atmospheric pressure at the inlet of the turbo at WOT and max rpm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast