Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Octy's first 15000 service

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

+1 for these comments.

I try to have windows/doors closed when closing the tailgate... to "cushion" the slam a bit. I've actually stood outside and watched the panoramic sunroof when it closes, to see if it bulges out from the air-pressure at all (like my old Subaru sunroof used to do, when manually closing the tailgate gently)... but it didn't budge at all, so that's a good sign.

And yeh - I just asked for them to be rotated, which as you said, shouldn't cost anything at all during a service.... the service dude started mumbling about balancing which I didn't specifically ask for, but I didn't argue with him about it, as it's probably due for a balance anyway, after 15k km.... and I figured $38 wasn't a bad price.... at what I assume to be "normal" trade rates of about $80/hour, that's half an hour of work, to balance 4 rims. Not a big deal.

And also curious about how long the app takes to update... I checked mine just now (almost a week after service) and still only showing the pre-delivery checkup.
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Users Country Flag
    Just got back from my first service, 12 months on 7800 klm on the dial. No issues, no recalls ect. Looks like the just did an oil and filter change . Fixed price $316.
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Never looked at the servicing in the Skoda app to be honest. Was washing mine yesterday though and noticing how many stone chips I have this early on. And reminded that my dealer has not called me about my struts from well over a month ago or anything else I asked them too.

Re the Skoda app, would be nice if users could update it also, dropped the oil in my at the weekend (7500) and don't have a real record of it....
    I've made a excel doc, but one stop shop would be good...

When I had the 1500km oil and filter, they said as it's not a requirement, it won't be logged on the Skoda system/app. So what's the point..... every PD and every 15k.

They could also add fuel, tyres, wheel alignments etc, user inputs with a little star starting not carried out at Skoda dealership, owner input.....

Skoda RS230
    Last edited by HPRS230; 05-06-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

You can use something like Road Trip app on iphone, or Fuel Log Pro on Android, to keep track of total running costs of your car.

Someone like you/me would be likely to keep scans of receipts for all work/materials purchased for doing at-home servicing too... but at least an app like these can keep track of all running costs, fuel, car washes, servicing, etc, etc.

You can export to csv/spreadsheet file if you need to show someone.

I agree the skoda app would be handy to have user-input, however there's no "proof" as such of the work being performed, so they would be unlikely to allow it included in their official app.

I used Road Trip when I had my iPhone for my previous car and now the Octy..... it is interesting when the app breaks down the actual financial cost of ownership of the vehicle, based on the fuel/servicing/maintenance/cleaning costs that I entered.....
    My iPhone has died though, and I've just discovered the alternative app for Android devices (because Road Trip app is Apple-only, sadly) and the best equivalent I could find is Fuel Log Pro (the free version only lets you enter 15 items.... Pro version is about $3.00)

I just need to mess around now and input the old Road Trip backup csv's into the Fuel Log app.

There's also Fuelly, which is free, and web-based... but has apps you can load on your phone to input data while at the servo, for example..... then manipulate the data online when you get back to PC.
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12