Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Octavia vRS MY16 Audio Upgrade

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Awesome, do you have an example of where this can be purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchboxGTI View Post
    No I just used the harness as an adapter.

Users Country Flag
    I have power to my amp straight from the battery (fused). The amp has auto switch off with no signal. I had the power being triggered from the accessory output, but this was horrible. Get and amp with auto power for sure.
    vRS 2011 Race Blue

I've done a pretty comprehensive upgrade on mine:

Planning a nice audio upgrade for RNS510 in Octavia

Still haven't got around to putting the sub in.
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Great, thanks - this puts me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
    I've done a pretty comprehensive upgrade on mine:

Planning a nice audio upgrade for RNS510 in Octavia

Still haven't got around to putting the sub in.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LunchboxVRS View Post
    No I just used the harness as an adapter.
    Very good quality install! That's exactly how I did it in my Polo GTI and Mk2 vRS, glad to hear it'll work in the Mk3 (with the new harness obviously).
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Hey guys,

I ended up purchasing the following harness
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AERPRO-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK7-2013-ON-T-HARNESS-/272460278825?hash=item3f6fe5ec29:g:9vIAAOSwo4pYNZd E

Octavia vRS MY16 Audio Upgrade-octy-jpgOctavia vRS MY16 Audio Upgrade-dmpo-jpg

which I then used to plug in between the DVD player and existing harness to solder the rear speaker wires directly into an AudioControl LC2i. This allowed me to run RCAs to a subamp. I purchased the box from the following supplier:

Basser - Skoda Octavia 3 Fit-Box subwoofer enclosure

Using the existing front stage from the Octy MY16 with a 10" subwoofer made an amazing difference the quality of the stereo, and by using the LC2i with the harness, no actual modifications were made the car. The LC2i sits snug to the left of the glovebox as there is a cavity once you open take off the side panel.

Users Country Flag
    Could you use that sub box upgrade and rip out the canton sub and replace with that? I find the canton in my car underwhelming (from a sub perspective) and no where near as good as the hatch with canton I demo'ed before paying for tech pack. I wasnt expecting doof, but the demo car was a lot nicer than mine. I have tried every possible combination of source, setting etc.

Understand the canton amp only has about 50w, but that should be ample to power a sensitive sub to a decent level (not looking for huge thump, just balanced with the rest of the system.)
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    Could you use that sub box upgrade and rip out the canton sub and replace with that? I find the canton in my car underwhelming (from a sub perspective) and no where near as good as the hatch with canton I demo'ed before paying for tech pack. I wasnt expecting doof, but the demo car was a lot nicer than mine. I have tried every possible combination of source, setting etc.

Understand the canton amp only has about 50w, but that should be ample to power a sensitive sub to a decent level (not looking for huge thump, just balanced with the rest of the system.)

Hey GTR27,

Check out this thread Skoda Octavia Canton Subwoofer Upgrade - Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) - BRISKODA as the Australian OP replaced the subwoofer of a Skoda with the canton system. However, he opted to replace the amp as well as it is 8 ohm and would be difficult to replaced the 6" driver with 8 ohm impedance. I would recommend replacing the amp & sub altogether and use the feed to to the original subamp as a high level input.

Users Country Flag

Thanks. Have had a read, and it looks like he really improved the setup, with at least $1K + labour just for the sub/amp setup he has.

That box from basser looks interesting, and there are plenty of 8ohm DVC subs in home audio world, but normally not as sensitive as car setups.
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12