Support VWWC

Page 113 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1279

Thread: OCTAVIA III Owners discussion thread

Users Country Flag

The oz fitted Prof Svar one does have a loop. check post #119 here, you can see the loop between the power socket and tongue receptacle.
    Skodas and tow bars
    You need to move the socket out of the way, fit the chains then swing it down again.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Wheel Alignments and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

I've been told that every time I want a Wheel Alignment (which is every 6 months), I have to get the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) re-calibrated.
    "Believe it’s to do with the tracing of the vehicle vs the ACC tracking. "

Which in turn means my local tyre shop can't do wheel alignments for me.
    Is what I've been told BS?
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Can my local shop do it, and while on flat patch update the ACC via VCDS?
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    Found it, tucked right up behind the bumper - had to get under the car to find it
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    Wheel Alignments and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

I've been told that every time I want a Wheel Alignment (which is every 6 months), I have to get the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) re-calibrated.
    "Believe it’s to do with the tracing of the vehicle vs the ACC tracking. "

Which in turn means my local tyre shop can't do wheel alignments for me.
    Is what I've been told BS?
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Can my local shop do it, and while on flat patch update the ACC via VCDS?
    Seems pretty excessive, probably do it to cover their own ass and could see it being required after a major component replacement or accident damage
    But in the case of a 1 deg toe adjustment or minor correction which is all mechanical....
    It means every time you hit a pot hole you'll need to get a calibration done OCTAVIA III Owners discussion thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    if it's just a check and dosnt need adjustment I cant see the harm. But it could be linked to steering I would believe that. On a two lane highway in the left lane and a car overtakes on the right. The car is at a distance to your front that would constitute it to slow down but as it's not directly in front it dosnt act. As you turn a corner to the left the car in front cuts across the radar as he is in the corner yet it still dosnt act.

Beegs the question on how a dealership can do it. My local dosnt have any wheel allignment tools.
    I was to guess they probly get it aligned at the lovcal tyre shop the get it back, hook up the computer and tell it the wheels are pointing forward and do some sort of reset.
    Haven't really looked but do they have any more adjustment then toe in/out
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    I had an alignment when i got new tyres at 30k and there were no issues. It's not in the manual either. Sounds like a dealer wanting return business for over servicing.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Users Country Flag
    Hi all,

Wondering what sort of USB cable you guys use to connect your phones? Looking for a shortish one I can clip down so it's a bit better looking

I got a cheap one and 'cable tied' it up in to a small circle....
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Re wheel alignment and ACC, I might ring a few independent skoda/vw shops and a couple of dealerships, I'll keep you posted.

Yea I agree the ACC / ESP needs to know the wheel angles...
    Last edited by HPRS230; 16-01-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MJ87 View Post
    Hi all,

Wondering what sort of USB cable you guys use to connect your phones? Looking for a shortish one I can clip down so it's a bit better looking

I bought one of these off ebay, android auto and charge work flawlessly, stays out of the way when not in use and 90deg. at both ends makes it easier to plug in without looking:
    Universal Short 30cm Right Angle Retractable Micro B USB Data Charge Cable

And if you're a USb-C user, buy a 3 pack of these, I couldn't find equivalent cord in USB-C:

3 Pack micro USB to USB-C Adapter

I've also had to buy a lightning cord for my wife's phone, purchased from Superskoda since some of the cheap ebay ones didn't work.
    Very expensive but guaranteed to work, I'm sure there are other options out there.

Page 113 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast