Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Octavia II vRS 4 Motion conversion

Octavia II vRS 4 Motion conversion

Hi guys,

I own a MY12 RS and am loving the car, I am however over FWD cars from a performance point of view especially in the wet... I was toying with the idea of a haldex 4 Motion conversion on the Octy, as the scouts came in 4x4 I figured that it would be possible but is it feasible?

How much do you think something of that magnitude would cost and would there be massive hurdles to overcome?

I imagine the rear floorpan is different in the 4x4 Scout but the octy should have the same mounting locations for the rear diff/haldex housing and subframe?

I know I should just "sell the RS and buy a AWD VAG mobile" But to be honest the extra money it would cost to purchase a S4 wagon would be probably the same as the conversion, and imo the RS looks nicer than most Audi wagons that don't also have an RS badge and then the cost sky rockets $$$$$.

Does anyone know of a Octy RS that has been converted to 4 Motion? or be able to help out with any info I may need regarding this adventure?

A list of parts that I would require would be a great start as I am sure there a much more knowledgeable people than myself when it some's to things like this, I would greatly appreciate any ideas or info anyone has.....as long as that advice or info is not " sell the Octy and buy a AWD VAG mobile"

I really wanna keep this car and turn it into something special that I can enjoy until we no longer use pertol to run cars heheh.

Cheers in advance guys

I'd be interested to see how you go as it's the one thing that puts me off from buying an RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Yeah it is the one thing I dislike about my favourite VAG cars hahaha.

I am trying to work out what I should do in my current car situation and 4Motion conversion would make the car that much more desirable.

I own a MKV GTI also and am looking to get a R32 and turbo/SC it or do a 4Motion conversion on the GTI, I am really starting to hate FWD in the wet.

Users Country Flag
    I think they've done it in Russia.
    But they're bonkers.
    It would be a very costly exercise, might end up cheaper to spec up a Scout to RS level than do the drivetrain conversion.

I'd imagine your first point of call if you do want to go down the route would be to find a donor drivetrain from a wreck, or from OS....

Wish you luck if you do go down this route, as coming from a Haldex-equipped car to a FWD was in some ways a disappointment.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Strip your RS Octavia... exterior and interior and engine (keep together though)

Buy a Scout AWD.

Take body kit, and interior and engine from RS.

Put in and on the Scout.

AWD RS you will have.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    Strip your RS Octavia... exterior and interior and engine (keep together though)

Buy a Scout AWD.

Take body kit, and interior and engine from RS.

Put in and on the Scout.

AWD RS you will have.
    I wish they did the Scout with a detuned RS engine... like they do for the Tiguan. Then you could just remap it, lower it and away you go!

Either that or just be done with it and make an AWD RS

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    buy a crashed golf R. strip the bits you need from it. which could be a lot!

Keep your eye out for an early model standard 4x4 Octavia (not a Scout) and use its 4x4 bits for your RS then sell the 4x4 as a FWD one. Or get a Scout and BluFin it.
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Why not just put a slippery diff in it? (eg: Quaife)

If you google "convert Octavia II to AWD" & similar words you get a few hits at briskoda. It's been done before.

I did see a thread where they converted a Golf wagon to AWD and it wasn't an easy process.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

And then there is the engineering/compliance issues to deal with after a year of messing around on this difficult project

Get a 4WD Superb

I can say that putting the SupaLoy suspension arms on and dialing in more castor makes a significant difference to the high speed stability and turn in confidence, very sure footed indeed
    Last edited by Martin; 12-07-2014 at 10:59 PM.
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast