Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Octavia II vRS 4 Motion conversion

Users Country Flag

Hmm, why does my Nissan manual say don't tow the car, have it taken on a truck?

What about using the gear from a Audi TT??? Probably the same also?
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Or A3 Quattro. I miss that car...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I think the biggest issue might be rear floorpan and fuel tank location relevant to the 4Motion diff and haldex, if that is the case I guess a custom made fuel tank that fits in the spare wheel well with reconfigured fuel delivery for more flow would be in order/wanted :p

At the moment I have convinced myself and the missus that because my MKV needs new tyres, I may as well get new wheels while I'm at it and put the Neptunes on the golf and the new wheels go on the Octy.

I am thinking maybe 19" as there is a bit more room than my golf arches, but am unsure on tyre size and profile depending on the way it will sit once lowered a little.
    I'm guessing a 225 would be best for performance and fitment but I thought a 235 would be a more common size for a 19" wheel?

I am also considering perhaps a lighter 18" setup might be better, not sold either way just yet as some wheels I like only come in 19s or over.

Any ideas? I'd love to hear other peoples opinions especially knowing the planned AWD conversion as to what would suit best.

I have also toyed with the idea of trying to mock up a widebody or some flared arches with some filla foam and shaping to suit, it would be a lot cheaper than sourcing it I'd imagine, if they exist.

A Widebody BT AWD Octy RS Wagon sounds kinda fun to me now I just gotta stop being lazy and win the lotto tonight
    Last edited by DUBGTI; 21-08-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBGTI View Post
    I think the biggest issue might be rear floorpan and fuel tank location relevant to the 4Motion diff and haldex, if that is the case I guess a custom made fuel tank that fits in the spare wheel well with reconfigured fuel delivery for more flow would be in order/wanted :p
    No problem at all - have to use a fuel tank from the donor car - same mounting holes etc
    The rear suspension also uses the same mounting holes
    Almost plug and play - the designers are pretty clever
    The spare tire well may need to be hacked up

Quote Originally Posted by DUBGTI View Post
    At the moment I have convinced myself and the missus that because my MKV needs new tyres, I may as well get new wheels while I'm at it and put the Neptunes on the golf and the new wheels go on the Octy.

I am thinking maybe 19" as there is a bit more room than my golf arches, but am unsure on tyre size and profile depending on the way it will sit once lowered a little.
    I'm guessing a 225 would be best for performance and fitment but I thought a 235 would be a more common size for a 19" wheel?

I am also considering perhaps a lighter 18" setup might be better, not sold either way just yet as some wheels I like only come in 19s or over.
    You need to use a tyre size calculator - try to keep the rolling diameter the same
    This may involve running wider tyres with a lower profile
    235 is a really common size on the Golf's
    19" inch wheels can look really striking
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag

Hello guys!

I confirm you that a conversion of Octavia 2 Hatchback VRS TDI to 4x4 is possible. I am currently working on this. Today I have mounted the rear axle from a Skoda Octavia 2 Combi 4x4, on my VRS without any major issues. The spare tire did not need any modifications/cuttings. The 4x4 axle fits perfectly and also the diesel tank.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456