Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Octavia II vRS 4 Motion conversion

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Why not just put a slippery diff in it? (eg: Quaife)

If you google "convert Octavia II to AWD" & similar words you get a few hits at briskoda. It's been done before.

I did see a thread where they converted a Golf wagon to AWD and it wasn't an easy process.
    I believe AP has converted his wife's golf wagon to be AWD with a 3.2L turbod engine in Australia. Probably down through CPC in Sydney, could call them up and ask for a price. You're probably looking at double digit thousands at least!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NOO63N View Post
    I believe AP has converted his wife's golf wagon to be AWD with a 3.2L turbod engine in Australia. Probably down through CPC in Sydney, could call them up and ask for a price. You're probably looking at double digit thousands at least!
    The one I saw was in the USA. The more I read, the more I thought "It's obviously about the journey & not the destination".

I'm not against people having big ideas or spending stupid amounts of money on cars - I've done it myself. It's just best to remember that it will take twice as much money & at least triple the time you expect. The Citi-GoGo on Briskoda is a prime example. A Skoda CitiGo with an AWD 1.8T 5 valver drivetrain. The guy had almost unlimited money to spend & gave the project to an experienced workshop to get it done quicker & it's been up near 2 years now (originally planned on 6-9 months).
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Were these made anywhere in the world? Maybe cheaper looking to import one rather than build from scratch.

Or perhaps go and buy an audi quattro wagon... 2010 Audi A4 B8 MY10 S tronic quattro
    Last edited by tigger73; 13-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The one I saw was in the USA. The more I read, the more I thought "It's obviously about the journey & not the destination".

I'm not against people having big ideas or spending stupid amounts of money on cars - I've done it myself. It's just best to remember that it will take twice as much money & at least triple the time you expect. The Citi-GoGo on Briskoda is a prime example. A Skoda CitiGo with an AWD 1.8T 5 valver drivetrain. The guy had almost unlimited money to spend & gave the project to an experienced workshop to get it done quicker & it's been up near 2 years now (originally planned on 6-9 months).
    Mate, this too right! The number of times I've tried to justify the cost of something as a part of the journey and not destination is more than just a handful! Haha...

Or just wait for the new passat to come out. 176kW and 500Nm from their 2 litre diesel with 4 motion.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    Or just wait for the new passat to come out. 176kW and 500Nm from their 2 litre diesel with 4 motion.

Ummm.... R36 ???

I would have gone the Audi Quattro route, except the only VAG wagon I could buy in a manual was a Skoda....

I have zero regrets, but awd would have been a nice option.
    2001 - A4 B6 1.8T Sedan Manual - (sold @ 254,000km)
    2008 - A3 8P 1.9tdi Sportback Manual - (sold 90,000kms)

2013 - Octavia RS wagon - 1z - Race Blue - TDI - 6M - Leather - MDI - Whispbar S44W - LED interior kit - RVC forward?/retrofit - Mk3 gear shifter
    2021 - Q3 S-Line wagon - F3 - Daytona Grey - Westfalia towbar - no other options available.

Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    Yeah but you're forgetting one major flaw in that plan - VW has to bring that model into the country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

The problem I face is I love the look of the Octy RS and the interior is perfect for me although I prefer my MKV GTI seats for comfort and fitment. So all the other cars people have mentioned I have looked over an pondered about, the R36 is a great platform but I'm not a huge fan of it's looks which is a massive factor for me. All the Audi's I like look nice outside but I don't like the older outdated interiors.

A major part of wanting to work on the Octy RS is there are not many out there let alone many that have had work done to them, I want to be separate from the pack and do something unique.

The cost will be prohibitive and the engineering aspect might be a hurdle with road worthiness/authorities not allowing such a conversion, so I might need to settle for a FWD car the way they were intended from the factory

Thank's for your input though guys I appreciate it, though I fear this may just be a pipe dream

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBGTI View Post
    The problem I face is I love the look of the Octy RS and the interior is perfect for me although I prefer my MKV GTI seats for comfort and fitment. So all the other cars people have mentioned I have looked over an pondered about, the R36 is a great platform but I'm not a huge fan of it's looks which is a massive factor for me. All the Audi's I like look nice outside but I don't like the older outdated interiors.

A major part of wanting to work on the Octy RS is there are not many out there let alone many that have had work done to them, I want to be separate from the pack and do something unique.

The cost will be prohibitive and the engineering aspect might be a hurdle with road worthiness/authorities not allowing such a conversion, so I might need to settle for a FWD car the way they were intended from the factory

Thank's for your input though guys I appreciate it, though I fear this may just be a pipe dream
    Get a scout and lower it and do a gti or R engine conversion. That would be the cheapest way to do it. You could put an RS kit on it and you would also have the flares from the scout on it for some fat rubber!
    Also bypass any issues with engineering as everything should drop straight in.
    MY11 CW Golf RIntake, Tune, DP, DV+Superpro arms and ALKCustom 4" tipsTWM Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by a239947 View Post
    Get a scout and lower it and do a gti or R engine conversion. That would be the cheapest way to do it. You could put an RS kit on it and you would also have the flares from the scout on it for some fat rubber!
    Also bypass any issues with engineering as everything should drop straight in.
    Would its transmission cope with the added power?
    MY10 Octavia Wagon in Candy White, 118TSI, DSG7

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast