Support VWWC

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

Users Country Flag

The download took over 24 hours (on 100Mb NBN which routinely dl at 60 Mb/s) unpacked and installed this morning, definitely new maps so happy with that. Does anyone know if these maps will also work in the Mk 7 Golf?
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Doubt it, the dealers seem to get an SD card that will install on any, so there must be a non VIN linked file version around. Thats pretty slow, I have 100-115Mbit Telstra Cable and it takes a while but maybe around 12hrs? We are being forced onto HFC NBN soon which to my surprise is more expensive than what I was paying with Telstra at a premium and the likelihood of keeping my speed is low once the whole suburb is on the cable. We are already seeing it drops just by them hooking into telstra cable network already....

Users Country Flag
    I'm wondering if anyone has had the same experince updating the Maps. I basically went to the navigation portal, saw my my subscription had expired (date prior to purchasing car). I then clicked "extend" and was re-directed to this url?? Autorizovani partneři ŠKODA - ŠKODA
    I'm happy to pay for an update but I'm not sure how...any help would be appreciated
    Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon DSG MY14 | Modified

Contact your dealer, from all accounts they should be able to sort out the portal issue, but will need to do an update on your car firmware I believe first.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Contact your dealer, from all accounts they should be able to sort out the portal issue, but will need to do an update on your car firmware I believe first.
    Thanks woofy. I guess I will have to contact either VW service or another dealership like Barbagello as my dealership DVG Melville shut its doors long ago...I'll report back how I went
    Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon DSG MY14 | Modified

Users Country Flag
    dont bother just do below -i had the same issue with my Octavia but my Superb doesnt have VIN blocked

here is a link that is a lot faster than the 14 hours it took to download off Skoda site

Skoda Sat Nav June 2017 - Google Drive

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceejay View Post
    dont bother just do below -i had the same issue with my Octavia but my Superb doesnt have VIN blocked

here is a link that is a lot faster than the 14 hours it took to download off Skoda site

Skoda Sat Nav June 2017 - Google Drive
    Ant the answer is; no this one doesn't work with a MY14 O3 either. I just tried it.

I have mine booked in soon for a replacement gear knob due to chrome peeling and have been told that they can update the maps for me, we;ll see if they are right this time....
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart1 View Post
    Ant the answer is; no this one doesn't work with a MY14 O3 either. I just tried it.

I have mine booked in soon for a replacement gear knob due to chrome peeling and have been told that they can update the maps for me, we;ll see if they are right this time....
    I ended up getting mine updated at Perth city Skoda. They charge $99 if your car is also being serviced or $199 if you bring it in just for that. Kinda expensive but I'm keeping the car long term so not too fussed...

Serious? They charged to update the maps? Or the firmware? My dealered had the SD card with the current version and offered but I had already done it. Certainly they weren't going to charge.

Users Country Flag

This is correct. I have been advised the same. The charge is to unlock the MY15 or previous MY vehicle nav unit with an unlock code to accept the updates as they are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolai View Post
    I ended up getting mine updated at Perth city Skoda. They charge $99 if your car is also being serviced or $199 if you bring it in just for that. Kinda expensive but I'm keeping the car long term so not too fussed...
    Walking Contradiction...

MY15 Skoda Octavia vRS 162 Race Blue Combi

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast