Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MY17 vs MY18 Facelift Octavia RS

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrycan View Post
    Shouldn't that have been the other way round??
    In the Skoda range, the Octavia RS is the "sports car" and the Superb is the "luxury executive car" - throw a big engine in the Superb (206 4x4) and it makes an okay sports car, but would be more aimed at "GT" sort of driving, than endless winding roads.

Quote Originally Posted by golfage View Post
    Doesn't the new MY18 Octavia facelift 169TSI (RS230) now come with LSD?
    The Mk3 RS230 has the electronically controlled LSD (not heat based, is an actual LSD but reacts quicker than Quaife style due to electronic actuation)
    The Mk3.5 RS245 will have this LSD setup, as well as all the other Mk3 RS230 goodies like black wheels, black exhaust tips, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by golfage View Post
    Good to know! Thanks Wingzee.

How big of a difference does this make?
    The only way I can explain it is... OMG.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
    Yup, spoke to a dealer he said the same thing... I ended up biting the bullet and getting a MY17 with 6000km with everything except Comfort pack. Couldn't really justify the extra 12-15K the new one would cost me in the end. Will put that extra money to good use though!

Anyone in Sydney recommends a place where I should get my Skoda serviced? I was using our local Midas for the old car without a problem but it was a Mazda not sure if the Skoda will need anyone a bit more aware of its needs.
    Pacific Motors isnt too bad. EA in warriewood is ok but a trek!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456