Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MY17 vs MY18 Facelift Octavia RS

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
    Black Wagon. I wanted the blue or the silver but the black looked really good in person... I swore black cars off after having a black ute a few years back but I guess I'm not a man of my word hahaha It will be painful trying to keep it looking good. Time to invest on some good wax I suppose.

To be honest there's not a color available I wouldn't have either, gf really like the grey one but they only had a sedan with no options and I was pretty set on getting the wagon anyway.
    Sounds awesome.

They do look great in black, keen to see some pics when you have it MY17 vs MY18 Facelift Octavia RS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hey, I'm new here, and just trying to get up to speed. Figured this is best place to ask rather than start a whole new thread.

Im undecided between the Passat 206 (prefer the AWD) and the RS169 (manual available, prefer the styling) both in sedan. Is there anyone here that's compared the 2 recently that could comment?

Also keen to understand what the major difference will be in the RS180 (245) compared to the RS169? (if looks like performance mode, black cosmetics, 15hp, LSD, safety upgrade, am i missing anything?)

cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Hey, I'm new here, and just trying to get up to speed. Figured this is best place to ask rather than start a whole new thread.

Im undecided between the Passat 206 (prefer the AWD) and the RS169 (manual available, prefer the styling) both in sedan. Is there anyone here that's compared the 2 recently that could comment?

Also keen to understand what the major difference will be in the RS180 (245) compared to the RS169? (if looks like performance mode, black cosmetics, 15hp, LSD, safety upgrade, am i missing anything?)

cheers
    Why not look at the Superb 206 instead?
    Sportline guise has the Alcantara seats from the Mk3 FL RS, available in sedan (liftback) also!

RS245 will have: LSD; black wheels; black exhaust tips; extra 11kW; and thats about it.

The question is more are you after a luxury cruiser, or a sports car? The Passat (or Superb) are an okay sports car, and the Octavia is a good cruiser, but they definitely are aimed at different people...
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post

The question is more are you after a luxury cruiser, or a sports car? The Passat (or Superb) are an okay sports car, and the Octavia is a good cruiser, but they definitely are aimed at different people...
    Shouldn't that have been the other way round??

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrycan View Post
    Shouldn't that have been the other way round??
    lol .. he sells cars
    RS
    R

Neither are sports cars !!
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post

RS245 will have: LSD; black wheels; black exhaust tips; extra 11kW; and thats about it.
    Doesn't the new MY18 Octavia facelift 169TSI (RS230) now come with LSD?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by golfage View Post
    Doesn't the new MY18 Octavia facelift 169TSI (RS230) now come with LSD?
    That's only a non-mechanical/electronic diff unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzee View Post
    That's only a non-mechanical/electronic diff unfortunately.
    Good to know! Thanks Wingzee.

How big of a difference does this make?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by golfage View Post
    Good to know! Thanks Wingzee.

How big of a difference does this make?
    I am not entirely sure - never driven one with actual mechanical LSD but I reckon that it makes hell of difference on the track but not that much in day to day driving.
    '17 MY18 Skoda Octavia vRS 169Wagon | Quartz Grey | DSG | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Sunroof | Electric Tailgate
    OBDeleven'ed: High Beam Assist
    | Comfort Blink Cycle x 4 | DRL On/Off | Traffic Message Channel | HVAC Auto Fan Speed Display | HVAC Recirculation Memory | Maxidot: Refuel Amount, Lap Timer| Tailgate Closing via Interior Button| Remote Tailgate Closing | Easy Entry/Exit | Comfort Sunroof Opening | Acoustic Lock/Unlock | Dynamic Brake Lights
    [Retired] 2010 MY09 BMW E90 320d M Sport | 2004 MY04 BMW E46 325i M Sport

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast