Support VWWC

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MK3 Exhaust - RS

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bernie88 View Post
    Any videos of what it sounds like?
    here you go, need headphones or a decent sub to hear it as it's deeep. Sorry about the crap video production but it gives you an idea..
    YouTube
    Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon DSG MY14 | Modified

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie88 View Post
    Any videos of what it sounds like?
    here you go, need headphones or a decent sub to hear it as it's deeep. Sorry about the crap video production but it gives you an idea..
    YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolai View Post
    Interestingly the Scorpion Cat back system for the Octavia vRS mk3 is advertised on ebay for example as 2.5 inch. This is not the case, if you look at the actual spec sheet supplied by Scorpion you will see it is in fact 3inch to the Y splitter at the back, at which point the pipe size is reduces to 2.5 inch to each muffler (as there is no point in having 3inch after the Y splitter). I can confirm the main pipe on this system is 3inch as I have the resonated version on my car...and man it sounds like a 3inch system too!
    How much does it costs installed?

Users Country Flag
    Hey fellas, any recommendations on where to get a down pipe from and installed Sth East Melbourne?

Or should I just swing into an exhaust place and get them to make something up?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzee View Post
    How much does it costs installed?
    I bought the Scorpion resonated system through ebay for around $1800 landed, $160 for pro install

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolai View Post
    I bought the Scorpion resonated system through ebay for around $1800 landed, $160 for pro install
    Do you mind sharing the link to the seller? Any of these?

Scorpion SSK003 Skoda Octavia 5E VRS 2.0 T Cat Back Exhaust (Resonated) | eBay
    Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSI 13 on Scorpion Cat-Back Resonated OE TailPipes SSK003
    Scorpion Exhaust Cat-Back System Resonated Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 TFSi 13+ Race | eBay
    '17 MY18 Skoda Octavia vRS 169Wagon | Quartz Grey | DSG | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Sunroof | Electric Tailgate
    OBDeleven'ed: High Beam Assist
    | Comfort Blink Cycle x 4 | DRL On/Off | Traffic Message Channel | HVAC Auto Fan Speed Display | HVAC Recirculation Memory | Maxidot: Refuel Amount, Lap Timer| Tailgate Closing via Interior Button| Remote Tailgate Closing | Easy Entry/Exit | Comfort Sunroof Opening | Acoustic Lock/Unlock | Dynamic Brake Lights
    [Retired] 2010 MY09 BMW E90 320d M Sport | 2004 MY04 BMW E46 325i M Sport

Users Country Flag
    the third link - Ghost bikes, they sell Scorpion motorcycle and car exhausts...seemed a competitive price and delivered within 4 weeks

I cut out the resonator on my vRS. Gave the car a better note and DSG farts but there was too much resonation much like others have reported. Ended up getting a hot dog resonator installed which removed the resonation but kept most of the nicer engine note and DSG farts.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Notyettrending View Post
    I cut out the resonator on my vRS. Gave the car a better note and DSG farts but there was too much resonation much like others have reported. Ended up getting a hot dog resonator installed which removed the resonation but kept most of the nicer engine note and DSG farts.
    Do you know if the hot dog has stainless wrapping inside? The glass pack reso sounded really good, nice and deep but only lasted six months in my case, it sounded really bad when all the fiberglass has burnt out.

Stainless steel wrap core is a good middle ground between straight and glass pack, mine has been in the car for almost 2 years.
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456