Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MK3 Exhaust - RS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Will be getting CTS down pipe from VW central (Melbourne) best pricing $979.00 to my door in Brisbane

Don't bother trying to get any info out of exotic cars in Sydney - what a joke, emails, messages and finally a phone call with a promise to come back
    Won't be wasting any more time with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret vrs View Post
    Will be getting CTS down pipe from VW central (Melbourne) best pricing $979.00 to my door in Brisbane

Don't bother trying to get any info out of exotic cars in Sydney - what a joke, emails, messages and finally a phone call with a promise to come back
    Won't be wasting any more time with them!
    My car is serviced by Exoticars, can't recommend them enough for locals. They do quality work and have helped myself and my family out a lot. They sometimes throw in things for free and don't charge for some work. I got my dogbone insert for free, without even asking for it. Bear in mind there is only two of them, these guys are flat out everyday. I have to book a service a months in advance, they are that busy. Sorry to hear you have a bad experience, but they get a shed load of calls and their phone is constantly ringing, much of which isn't worth their time.

I guess being local helps.

Users Country Flag
    If I changed the exhaust I'd prob just do a resonator delete but with a helmhotz resonator tube on it. As below:

BCS Center Silencer Delete Pipe With Drone Delete Tube - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

You could definitely get this made locally if you desired as it is all just tube and nothing special added, just the dimensions of the extra tube are important. The air inside the tube acts as a spring to dampen certain vibrations, which are tuned to each engine type. If I was so inclined I'd start a business getting such items made in China or similar.
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 07-03-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    2015 Octavia VRS wagon - Manual

Users Country Flag
    I've got a 3" custom downpipe (1 week old). It's sounds wicked. I actually have to take it off and sell it due to selling the car (going back to a ute). Anyone interested ?

Users Country Flag
    Pics? $?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie88 View Post
    I've got a 3" custom downpipe (1 week old). It's sounds wicked. I actually have to take it off and sell it due to selling the car (going back to a ute). Anyone interested ?
    I'd be interested as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
    If I changed the exhaust I'd prob just do a resonator delete but with a helmhotz resonator tube on it. As below:

BCS Center Silencer Delete Pipe With Drone Delete Tube - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

You could definitely get this made locally if you desired as it is all just tube and nothing special added, just the dimensions of the extra tube are important. The air inside the tube acts as a spring to dampen certain vibrations, which are tuned to each engine type. If I was so inclined I'd start a business getting such items made in China or similar.
    I believe there is a freely available software that calculate the length of the pipe for the chamber, should be a simple job. I've seen this done many times (in europe mostly) for a V6 engine from Lexus to VR6. I believe the previous gen C63 AMG has also J-pipe built in within it's OEM exhaust, they sound thunderous on the outside yet very refine from the inside.

Would you like to be the guinea pig
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Users Country Flag
    If I didn't have to cut the stock exhaust I'd be in, but I don't think I'll be touching mine. The link is for a VW golf so would be the same (although pipe is thicker for R)
    2015 Octavia VRS wagon - Manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzl_Dubba View Post
    Not much to say, cheaper than Milltek though it is only 2.5inch. Still bigger than the OEM exhaust and built well. They do a lot of exhaust for bikes. In hindsight i would've probably waited for a Milltek but the price difference at the time and it was in stock meant i picked it up the same day i enquired about it.
    Interestingly the Scorpion Cat back system for the Octavia vRS mk3 is advertised on ebay for example as 2.5 inch. This is not the case, if you look at the actual spec sheet supplied by Scorpion you will see it is in fact 3inch to the Y splitter at the back, at which point the pipe size is reduces to 2.5 inch to each muffler (as there is no point in having 3inch after the Y splitter). I can confirm the main pipe on this system is 3inch as I have the resonated version on my car...and man it sounds like a 3inch system too!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolai View Post
    Interestingly the Scorpion Cat back system for the Octavia vRS mk3 is advertised on ebay for example as 2.5 inch. This is not the case, if you look at the actual spec sheet supplied by Scorpion you will see it is in fact 3inch to the Y splitter at the back, at which point the pipe size is reduces to 2.5 inch to each muffler (as there is no point in having 3inch after the Y splitter). I can confirm the main pipe on this system is 3inch as I have the resonated version on my car...and man it sounds like a 3inch system too!
    Any videos of what it sounds like?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast