Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MK3 Exhaust - RS

Users Country Flag

I'll try to do some recording at various stage of acceleration and cruising.

The volume of the sound changes depending on how heavy the throttle is being applied. If my wife drives it, other people will not know that the mid pipe has been replaced. There is some slight drone/resonance at 2.5k rpm under specific condition, namely lugging the engine. With my driving style (mostly in manual mode), the drone/resonance makes an appearance about 5% of the time.
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Users Country Flag
    We should a meet up!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ilidcehn,
    Yea there seems to be a few Skoda in Brisbane that are on here.
    Yea Def, maybe we could make a new thread within the Octavia section.
    there is at least 4 to 6 that I know of.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    ilidcehn,
    Yea there seems to be a few Skoda in Brisbane that are on here.
    Yea Def, maybe we could make a new thread within the Octavia section.
    there is at least 4 to 6 that I know of.
    You guys should come out to the happy laps
    HPRS230 and T-Bone are fellow mk3 owners in Brisbane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret vrs View Post
    Awesome, pretty much what I'm after will get it booked in shortly and have the centre res cut out and a stainless packed 18" resonator fitted - was going to use Rod Bliss or another place called fabulous fab that was recommended in Archerfield

I can recommend Fabulous Fabrications. He is in Rocklea. He has recently been doing a lot of snorkels for 4x4's but before that he was working a lot with the guys at Next Up performance for Intercooler pipes and exhausts, as well as the guys at Ellaspede on a lot of their custom bikes. His work is impeccable, and if you are wanting something more custom done I would talk to him.
    MY16 Skoda Octavia vRS - Moon White Metallic, 19 Black Pack, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack, Sunroof.

Booked in tomorrow for centre muffler delete and replacement with 18" magnaflow resonator MK3 Exhaust - RS

MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    That was quick , let us know how it goes

Will be enough to get me started, next step will be the hi-flow cat and down pipe, no plans for the rear at this stage

Centre muffler out, can confirm its straight though with a chamber in the middle
    Went an 18" stainless wrapped resonator as recommend but is still very quiet - slight blip can be heard in the car but not as much noise as I was hoping MK3 Exhaust - RS
    Need to hear what it sounds like with someone else driving from the outside
    Def no drone

Users Country Flag

Which brand reso did you end up using?

No drone when you lug the engine?

The sound usually gets deeper as it bed-in and the DSG blip seems to get louder over time. Cold start will sound different.

The hi-flow cat and down-pipe should fix the quietness

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast