Thread: Enabled TSR again (Australia specific)

Users Country Flag

Enabled TSR again (Australia specific)

So I re-enabled my Traffic Sign Recognition again over the weekend using OBD11.

I can put up with the default "ding" and error message after about 30 seconds, when starting the car... and the feature IS kinda cool and useful.

Couple of odd symbols I've seen on my display though, that I have no idea what they mean.
    Sometimes more than one speed sign will display, sometimes the speed with another odd symbol.
    They display perfectly on the satnav, but they overcrowd on top of each other on the maxidot if you have another display for the main screen, and just the symbols on the top header line.

If you select the road signs as main display in maxidot, they show up multiple signs perfectly.

Thought on what these obscure symbols mean?

Enabled TSR again (Australia specific)-tsr-2-jpgEnabled TSR again (Australia specific)-tsr-4-jpgEnabled TSR again (Australia specific)-tsr-3-jpg

This one obviously means different speeds for different times of day?

I can't remember exactly where this was, but I've only seen it show up once, and I've been through many school and roadworks zones with time-specific speeds, but this doesn't make sense. Schools would be 40. No idea where I've driven with a 30 limit that was time-specific.

Enabled TSR again (Australia specific)-tsr-5-jpgEnabled TSR again (Australia specific)-tsr-6-jpg

This one was around the canal-side upper class areas of Gold Coast.
    What's this one? Causeway? Boat ramp? Road prone to Flooding?

Again don't remember seeing the specific sign(s) that the camera recognised these from... I must have been staring at the mansions and massive boats (sorry, yachts), instead of the road !

Enabled TSR again (Australia specific)-tsr-1-jpg

And NFI what this one indicates !!!

Presumably a 2-lane road, but I can't think of any road sign that may be interpreted to display this symbol?
    UNLESS it's the "euro" method of displaying Two Way traffic.
    Enabled TSR again (Australia specific)-two-way-png
    Being from a predominantly LHD database, this would make sense, with the red car being the oncoming car on the Left side?

Thoughts?
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Spinifex View Post

Thoughts?
    Could it be a transit lane?
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That's a point.... didn't think of that.

Transit lane indicating fast lane in red, on left side ....
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

The red car - black car sign means no overtaking I think. It's been a while since my UK driving test!

Any thoughts on the other one?

Water under the car?

No overtaking sounds more plausible.
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Yep - agree the red/black car is No Overtaking.

No idea still on the symbol showing water under the car.

Users Country Flag
    Hi I'm in Gold Coast too my signs are showing up different to yours. Only speed signs comming up on mine however.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Could be a floodway or ford?
    MY17 Octavia VRS245, Wagon, Black, Tech Pack, Sunroof, Tailgate.