Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash rattle

Users Country Flag

Dash rattle

Hi all,
    Been meaning to ask for a while. Do any of you experience and in cabin rattle under any load? Light acceleration, heavy acceleration it doesn't matter.
    It sounds like it's coming from inside the dual air vents....

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the sound actuator itself causing the vibration/rattle.
    It's starting to really bug me and only way to not hear it is listening to music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Dash rattle

Probably the soundactor device as you have mentioned. My friends Golf R had a similar rattle and we disconnected the soundactor to see if it had any effect and the rattle went away.

Worth a try anyway....only takes 10 mins to disconnect.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 17-09-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Yes I get it when letting the clutch out on a hill and seems to come from around where you described...

Users Country Flag
    I have a bunch of rattles inside my RS cabin that bug me, all appear to be speaker related

The soundaktor level can easily be reduced using VCDS, I've dropped mine to 50% and is way less intrusive and annoying.
    I think you can also set its level through the custom driving mode setting (ie the 'VRS' button), I think woofy did this with some success.
    MY 22 Superb Sportline Wagon. Moon White.
    1985 BMW K100RS in JPS racing livery
    2019 BMW R1250GS Exclusive

I have an annoying rattle, seems to come from in the glovebox, where the c.d. player is. Only hear it when the radio is turned off.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by k_rider View Post
    The soundaktor level can easily be reduced using VCDS, I've dropped mine to 50% and is way less intrusive and annoying.
    I think you can also set its level through the custom driving mode setting (ie the 'VRS' button), I think woofy did this with some success.
    Thanks mate I'll give this a go

Users Country Flag
    We have a rattle between 2000-2500 rpm that you can mainly hear on the drivers side. Somewhat intermittent and it doesn't seem to matter too much if its in normal and sport. It is annoying, because everything else in the car is so quiet.
    MY16 Skoda Octavia vRS - Moon White Metallic, 19 Black Pack, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack, Sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    I have a squeak that comes form the glove box. pushing of the glove box door fixes it, but not practical. Have tried felt spaces to make the closing tighter etc, but to no avail.

It annoys the hell out of me, but radio on drowns it out.
    2001 - A4 B6 1.8T Sedan Manual - (sold @ 254,000km)
    2008 - A3 8P 1.9tdi Sportback Manual - (sold 90,000kms)

2013 - Octavia RS wagon - 1z - Race Blue - TDI - 6M - Leather - MDI - Whispbar S44W - LED interior kit - RVC forward?/retrofit - Mk3 gear shifter
    2021 - Q3 S-Line wagon - F3 - Daytona Grey - Westfalia towbar - no other options available.

Users Country Flag

Rattles from around the centre air vent seems common on the latest Octavia. Mine has it ans isn't fitted with soundaktor. Anyone found the source and know of a fix?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast