Thread: Best Dealer in Sydney for service

Users Country Flag

Best Dealer in Sydney for service

Hi,
    My octavia is up for it's 3rd service soon. Picked it up 12/12/14 so its also the end of warranty check. Would like to get a towbar installed also.

I'm at Picnic Point, so preferably someone close to that although I know that its hit and miss with Dealers, so willing to drive for a great service.

Car will be in Sydney from 4th December, so not a lot of time between arriving and getting it serviced.

Advice greatly appreciated
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

I'd like to know the same thing. Anyone out there? I'm in the inner west.
    MY2014 Skoda Octavia Ambition Plus Wagon, DSG, Capuccino, Tech Pack
    MY 2010 Skoda Scout Manual Silver -traded

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cracking response here.......

Going to try Peter Warren at liverpool, which is closest to me. It's the final "in warranty" service (45k service at 25k lol). Nothing wrong with the car, everything perfect / working as expected.
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Hey GTR27.

I think the lack of replies speaks volumes as to the satisfaction of Sydney based Skoda dealers!

Can't say it's a recommendation, but I've had my car serviced at Artarmon last year and will do so again next week. Nothing exemplary about the service to speak of, but at least you can organise a loan car with them for the day. Last time I got to drive around in an Audi A3 while my car was being serviced.

Only thing I would suggest is perhaps requesting they do not perform a complimentary car wash because you are bound to get swirl marks on your paint if you do.

Thanks for replying. Car booked for 27 Dec, which isnt ideal but earliest it could get in.

Asking to get cabin air filter, brakes flushed and wheel alignment done at the same time. We are doing more k's on the car now, so next year expect about 10k to be added in the year, rather than the 5-6k we added this year

Users Country Flag
    Would not trust any dealership to do a wheel alignment properly.

Cabin filter - would DIY. It takes 10 minutes
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Any guides? The one in the alfa was a 5-10 min job and easy. guide made it that easy though as there were a couple of "tricks" to do it.

Alignment, until I can find someone to do a decent one near me (picnic point) i'll have to trust the dealer. I dont think the factory conti's will have more than 10k left in them anyway, so when I get PS4's fitted to replace, i'll get it done again.

Users Country Flag
    How to change cabin air filter Skoda Octavia Mk2 Facelift 2009-2013 - YouTube

YouTube

Try Exceller Steering Services in Bankstown. I haven't used him for a long time but he might still be good.

Or Peddars in Moorebank
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

The one in the NE Octavia is a little harder than the Mk.2. There is a little notched strut which is a real pain to locate whilst re locating the glove box. Comes out in 30 sec and 20 min to get back in.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.