Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is auto boot lid open possible?

Is auto boot lid open possible?

Hi all

Is it possible to get the auto boot lid to work for my Škoda Octavia VRS wagon like it does for the Golf in this video?

Golf 6 automatic tailgate how to do - YouTube

Has anybody done this succesfully or do you need to buy extra parts?

Thanks

Ofcourse, you need to buy "extra parts" - the video is showing that you can replace the struts with more powerful ones so that the boot lid will actually open instead of just unlatch when you press the button.

Yes, you can do it.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    You could do it but keep in mind the hatch has very different "angles" & length to the Golf hatch (it opens much higher), so low roofed carparks would be a problem. In the first year I had my car, various members of my tribe managed to open the hatch onto the ceiling of the carpark several times.

The first thing you need to check is how the lock works. Lift the hatch while pressing the middle button - does it tortally release or do you still have to press the button on the hatch?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    a few guys over in europe have done this, but after a yr or so, the load springs start to fail, no longer providing enough force to lift the boot door.
    its more so a problem with the hatch/liftback because it has a much bigger boot door, with a much bigger glass area, making it heavier.

the golf hatch has a much smaller boot door, hence the load springs doesn't struggle.
    likewise with the wagon boot doors.

putting stronger load springs is possible, however the stronger that is, the harder it is for u to close the boot door.
    that's usually a show stopper, unless u have arms like arnie or popeye.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The first thing you need to check is how the lock works. Lift the hatch while pressing the middle button - does it tortally release or do you still have to press the button on the hatch?
    with the car or boot "unlocked", u still need to press the button under the boot handle to lift it.
    unlock via remote -> press button under handle -> lift

pressing & holding the boot open on the remote key is supposed to "pop" it off the latch, so all u need to do is lift.
    unlock via remote (long press) -> lift
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 27-03-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    pressing & holding the boot open on the remote key is supposed to "pop" it off the latch, so all u need to do is lift.
    unlock via remote (long press) -> lift
    I still have to press the release on the hatch when i do this. Might be a 2007 thing or as my wife constantly reminds me.............
    YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    I still have to press the release on the hatch when i do this. Might be a 2007 thing or as my wife constantly reminds me.............
    YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!
    Mine works as it should. O.o
    Perhaps it just an age thing, maybe.

That being said, I never did actually use the one on the old car. This one I use all the time!
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

On ours we have always had to press the button still, its been like that since new. I might ask at the next service, but seeing as its out of warranty they will probably charge me extra for it now.....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    Mine works as it should. O.o
    +1.
    when u press n hold the boot unlock button, u'll hear the latch releasing - this is ur queue to lift.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    And to make the set mine's 50:50. Majority of times it releases fully, but at times I have to press the button to release it completely. Can't be bothered to chase it up. Now if someone could fix my rattles...

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!
    I used to spend a lot of money on books to learn how to do stuff. That was before it sunk in that I was married to a woman who knows everything about everything. Now I spend a lot of money on beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast