Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nexen tyres fitted

New Nexen tyres fitted

On Saturday I drove to Bendigo to get new tyres fitted by a mate of a mate. He (my mate ) has Nexen p6000 on his Supra and Aurion and recommended them. They were $180 ea for 225/40R x 18 and I can't fault them.
    They Feel better than the sport maxx gt that came off after 26k after really bad feathering because of bad wheel alignment. I was sceptical because I have never heard of Nexen tyres but buying a škodw has taught me not to be a brand snob.
    So if anyone is thinking of buying tyres soon I recommended Nexen p6000
    products : Nexen Tires
    2010 Vrs Tsi DSG Estate Anthracite Zenons Foglights Sunroof Front Parking Sensors Leather Tint Bluefin Love it!
    2005 Golf 2.0fsi Sportline

Geeze 26k.....Mines done nearly 40k and has heaps of tread and grip left. My mate with one slightly older than mine who has done over 50k has the same tyres and also has heaps left. I think it was just the lucky buggers who bought in the first year that got the Michelin PE2s, but they have been awesome tyres.

20k out of my Dunlops Sport Maxx and glad to see the crappy , NOISY, things go. They ve got to be one of the noisest tyres I ve ever had.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Thats why we replaced the noisy, they were 2-3 mm from the wear indicators.
    Nexen's are $167 online The Wheel Deal - Buy Nexen N6000 Tyres online
    2010 Vrs Tsi DSG Estate Anthracite Zenons Foglights Sunroof Front Parking Sensors Leather Tint Bluefin Love it!
    2005 Golf 2.0fsi Sportline

Anyone know what Michelin PS3s are going for now, was a shade over $400 each when I last asked well over a year ago.....

Users Country Flag
    Hmm maybe the Dunlops are a hit and miss really. Mine weren't anywhere near as noisy as other s have stated however in saying that, it can be quite subjective. Either that or maybe I'm used to the course road noise driving up to Bendigo.

more likely its the alignment than the tyres varying from car to car.

anyone getting new tyres, have a search around on briskoda and the like to find the alignment settings for all 4 wheels and get a place like pedders to do a 4 wheeler. Turns out there have been quiite a few revisions on alignment by skoda.

My car (an 07) has pretty bad tyre noise and its definaly alignment related, as I've swapped rims/tyres to no avail. That, and I can literally see that on the rear I have more than -1degree of camber, and the setting for the rear should be -50minutes +-5 minutes.

Anyway, I also have the nexens in 17" and they are very good.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

There are plenty of threads both here and on Briskoda about issues with the Dunlops. The last I heard Skoda had stopped fitting then supposedly because of customer complaints.
    Mine lasted 36k and were replaced when I got a slow leak in one (nail) and took it in to get repaired. When they put the car up on the jacks it was pretty obvious that even though they weren't at the wear indicators they were shot. I've been driving nice and quietly on Kuhmos for the last 10,000 kms.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Users Country Flag
    Is there any reviews on how they hold up once a few km's are on the Nexen's? I know when i ran Nakangs on my vito van, the first set were good, but the 2nd & 3rd sets were good initally but I got down to about 2/3 worn and they went out of shape and even had one delaminate.
    I'll be in the market for a new set of tyres in about 3-5k time ( currently on Dunlop Sport Max at 47k - I had my wheel alignment sorted early on) and I've been looking at the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2's, they're getting really good write ups/reviews but are on the expensive side. Have noticed the local shops are doing deals now that isn't too far off what i could get tyres from tirerack.com with delivery so I think I'd go local unless tirerack has a special sometime soon.....

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dazag View Post
    Is there any reviews on how they hold up once a few km's are on the Nexen's? I know when i ran Nakangs on my vito van, the first set were good, but the 2nd & 3rd sets were good initally but I got down to about 2/3 worn and they went out of shape and even had one delaminate.
    I'll be in the market for a new set of tyres in about 3-5k time ( currently on Dunlop Sport Max at 47k - I had my wheel alignment sorted early on) and I've been looking at the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2's, they're getting really good write ups/reviews but are on the expensive side. Have noticed the local shops are doing deals now that isn't too far off what i could get tyres from tirerack.com with delivery so I think I'd go local unless tirerack has a special sometime soon.....
    Hey mate, i too am looking into getting new 18" tyres and would like to know where the deals are for good years? is it individual tyres outlet pricing or is it a national good year offer?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast