Support VWWC

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30,000km Service

Users Country Flag

30,000km Service

FYI for everyone and a follow on to my 15,000km Service Thread where the dealer wanted to charge me way more than their initial estimated price.

Had my 30,000km Service done on Friday. Got a written price estimate from my dealer this time so we were both on the same page. (Also asked my local Audi dealer & Vw Dealer. Audi couldn't do any ECU interrogation & was $200 more. VW dealer never replied to my email.)

The 30,000km Service is the same as the 15,000km plus change of Pollen Filter. If the car is 2 years old the brake fluid is changed as well. I was in two minds about brake fluid as the car is Dec 2007 build & Jun 2008 complied but figured better to change earlier than later.

Dealers quote was:
    Oil filter, brake fluid and pollen filter $77.53
    The oil we use is synpower xl-111 – 5w-30 $86.21
    Labour time to due service is 2.2 hours $242.00
    Shop supply and oil ENVIRONMENTAL LEVY $19.00

Total $424.74

When I picked up the car the bill was $270.35
    labour = $135 (1.4hours?)
    Pollen Filter = $14.70
    Oil Filter = $19.10
    Sump plug (Washer?) = 3.15
    1L Brake Fluid = $17.75
    parts subtotal = $54.70

SynPower xl-111 5w30 = $68.40

Shop & Environment = $15

less WOW discount (don't ask) $27.31
    plus GST $24.58
    TOTAL $270.35

Which is more like the service costs I was expecting for this car.

Items of note: Front brakes are still on 11mm (same as 15,000km); rears have worn another 0.5mm down to 9mm.

edit: My brakes felt great before the service but the fluid flush has brought them up to another level of pedal hardness & sensitivity.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    FYI for everyone and a follow on to my 15,000km Service Thread where the dealer wanted to charge me way more than their initial estimated price.

Had my 30,000km Service done on Friday. Got a written price estimate from my dealer this time so we were both on the same page. (Also asked my local Audi dealer & Vw Dealer. Audi couldn't do any ECU interrogation & was $200 more. VW dealer never replied to my email.)

The 30,000km Service is the same as the 15,000km plus change of Pollen Filter. If the car is 2 years old the brake fluid is changed as well. I was in two minds about brake fluid as the car is Dec 2007 build & Jun 2008 complied but figured better to change earlier than later.

Dealers quote was:

When I picked up the car the bill was $270.35
    labour = $135 (1.4hours?)
    Pollen Filter = $14.70
    Oil Filter = $19.10
    Sump plug (Washer?) = 3.15
    1L Brake Fluid = $17.75
    parts subtotal = $54.70

SynPower xl-111 5w30 = $68.40

Shop & Environment = $15

less WOW discount (don't ask) $27.31
    plus GST $24.58
    TOTAL $270.35

Which is more like the service costs I was expecting for this car.

Items of note: Front brakes are still on 11mm (same as 15,000km); rears have worn another 0.5mm down to 9mm.

edit: My brakes felt great before the service but the fluid flush has brought them up to another level of pedal hardness & sensitivity.

Did you get yours serviced at Steve Jarvin Skoda? They, as previously said in other posts, did a poor job on mine so I'm going to Northshore Skoda next time - maybe they'll be better *fingers crossed*

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
    Did you get yours serviced at Steve Jarvin Skoda? They, as previously said in other posts, did a poor job on mine so I'm going to Northshore Skoda next time - maybe they'll be better *fingers crossed*
    Paul Wakelings at Campbelltown.

They are agents for Skoda, VW, Holden, Hyundai, Mitsubishi & Great Wall.

The Service Manager for Skoda does Holden as well. I have no idea who looks after VW.

I can't fault the workmanship unless you want to have a cow over the oil being a fraction under full (probably needs 200ml more).
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Greetings,

I can't find your thread for the 15,000km service, can you confirm the car this was for?

I have a current quote for my R32 where they will be doing the 30,000km/2 year service and the price quoted to me over the phone was $700

Apparently this includes:
    - Engine oil (d'uh)
    - Haldex lubricant (or something like that) change
    - Not much else, pollen filters etc.

I'm just wondering how that can equate to $700!

If anyone else has any quotes for a 30,000km service I'd be pleased to hear about it, and dealership as well. Even though you can keep the warranty, I prefer to keep it all with an official dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharkus View Post
    Greetings,

I can't find your thread for the 15,000km service, can you confirm the car this was for?
    Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI 6m

Long winded saga herehttp://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newf...hlight=octavia

Basically it was $151 and i supplied a $30 can of Castrol Edge Sport 5w-30. Initially they tried to charge $214 plus oil

On the AWD, isn't the oil change the 2 diffs plus the centre diff?

just ask for an itemised quote & then go from there.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharkus View Post
    Greetings,

I have a current quote for my R32 where they will be doing the 30,000km/2 year service and the price quoted to me over the phone was $700

Apparently this includes:
    - Engine oil (d'uh)
    - Haldex lubricant (or something like that) change
    - Not much else, pollen filters etc.

I'm just wondering how that can equate to $700!

If anyone else has any quotes for a 30,000km service I'd be pleased to hear about it, and dealership as well. Even though you can keep the warranty, I prefer to keep it all with an official dealership.
    Haldex oil is expensive but does your owner's manual really say 30,000km or 2 years for the haldex oil to be changed or is it 60,000km?

I would be getting the brake and clutch fluid changed at 2 years (regardless of distance), but I'd need some serious convicing (ie explicit details in my owner's manual or an official VWA TSB) that the haldex fluid (or DSG oil for that matter) needed changing at 2 years/30,000Km.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I would be getting the brake and clutch fluid changed at 2 years (regardless of distance), but I'd need some serious convicing (ie explicit details in my owner's manual or an official VWA TSB) that the haldex fluid (or DSG oil for that matter) needed changing at 2 years/30,000Km.

Clutch Fluid? Cable isn't it?

As I said in another thread, my car is 20 months since build & 14months being used. I could have put my brake fluid change off to the 45,000km service & still technically been within the 2 year period. My brakes felt fantastic before the fluid flush but afterwards they were a level beyond fantastic. The pedal only requires about 2mm movement now - I can now understand why some people complain that the brakes are too sensitive.

Just booked my 30k serivce next week for DSG Rs TDI - got quoted $560. Extra $99 to rotate wheels and a wheel alignment.

am i being ripped off?

30k on a TDI would be:
    oil/filter
    fuel filter
    fluid levels & visual inspections.
    they probably want to do your brake fluid too

I'd be inclined to get a couple more quotes & then see if your prefered dealer will price match.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast