Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APR Stage 1 for RS162

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ECU flashing increments the flash counter - the dealers will know it's been altered
    Besides, to get the ECU flashed or reverted you have to book it into the workshop a few days in advance so they can order the flash tool
    If you have an accident and the car gets towed away you won't have the chance to remove the flash

I'm insured with AIMEE, declared the ECU flash, no problems
    (Probably will be a problem for males in their 20's)

I doubt stage1 will be 200kw or above
    My Octavia is the older RS149, stage one was around 178kw and not all that impressive to drive
    Stage2 with a bigger down pipe and high flow CAT was far more impressive, huge torque and power band
    (I don't know much about the RS162 - maybe the stock exhaust is upgraded)
    Don't forget this is the Octy vRS 3rd generation with the new/revised engine with a substantially bigger turbo than the gen 2 Octy vRS. The Mk7 GTI is getting over 200kw from a tune, so it will be the same for the Octy vRS.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Good to know - thanks
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Hi Bill
    I am also in Brisbane I've had my Unitronic tune for over 3 month now and loving it, its a lot smoother, not as violent as the APR, and the the guy who does it has awesome aftersale service, he said if it was going back for service he would be able to flash it back to normal.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ECU flashing increments the flash counter - the dealers will know it's been altered
    Besides, to get the ECU flashed or reverted you have to book it into the workshop a few days in advance so they can order the flash tool
    If you have an accident and the car gets towed away you won't have the chance to remove the flash

I'm insured with AIMEE, declared the ECU flash, no problems
    (Probably will be a problem for males in their 20's)

I doubt stage1 will be 200kw or above
    My Octavia is the older RS149, stage one was around 178kw and not all that impressive to drive
    Stage2 with a bigger down pipe and high flow CAT was far more impressive, huge torque and power band
    (I don't know much about the RS162 - maybe the stock exhaust is upgraded)
    I have the race chip ultimate and its 213kw. They get more in Europe But it's a little less power in Aus due to fuel quality. The Apr Snr oem+ are about 10kw more but also twice the price and harder to remove plus there's a cost to remove as well
    Still makes quit a difference to stock. Plus the phone app lets you switch mods and also put a timer so you run in stock mode till it warms up and switches over once the timers up that you set. Wether you go for flash or piggy back you run the risk of insurance and warranty issues. Warranty is easier with the race chip as I can pull it off before it goes to a dealer even though my dealer fitted it and are happy but if I relocate and have to go to another dealer I'm sorted.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    Ok made enquirery about APR stage 1 $1600 here in Perth. A little steep so the alternatives Race chips Ultimate with phone app for $825 or Bluefin chip similar price. Anybody comment on bluefin.
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa6 View Post
    Ok made enquirery about APR stage 1 $1600 here in Perth. A little steep so the alternatives Race chips Ultimate with phone app for $825 or Bluefin chip similar price. Anybody comment on bluefin.
    FYI im in Perth and I use a JB1. Have driven a mates APR MKVII GTI (I have an RS) and it's similar power delivery/feel.

Cept mine was about $500 delivered.
    Food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Did you install your self. Is it true plug and play ?
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Users Country Flag
    Walking Contradiction...

MY15 Skoda Octavia vRS 162 Race Blue Combi

Hey vENom, was it you who got some tyres at the Goodyear in Croydon? We got some cheap in May there and they botched the balancing badly. We took it back as there was an obvious shudder and was slightly better when they did it again, but my parents bought it and the guy who did the balancing yet again up in their town said it was the worst job he has ever seen. So if it was you, you might want to get another place to look at it. They also scratched one of our alloys 2/3 around the lip, I'd say taking or putting a tyre on somehow.

Users Country Flag

Hey mate, yes I did buy my spare tyre from them. However, I didn't get it fitted/balanced by them. They still have the best price on Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2s. I can't comment on their workmanship unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear about your experience, must be an apprentice mechanic?! Rubel the owner seems to be a decent chap.

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Hey vENom, was it you who got some tyres at the Goodyear in Croydon?
    Walking Contradiction...

MY15 Skoda Octavia vRS 162 Race Blue Combi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast