MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Users Country Flag
    I should have waited, instead of getting the 2016 MY17 :/
    Octavia Ambition 110TSI MY17 Wagon, Race Blue,
    Tech Pack, Auto Tailgate

Users Country Flag
    2017 Skoda Octavia facelift detailed in 100+ images, lengthy video

30 minute video on Motor1.com site; last 15 is the Octavia Wagon which to my eye looks very good.
    Last edited by TKNick; 13-01-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Any talk about whether it's going to have the new 7 speed wet clutch DSG that's just been released in the higher end Audi A3's? Also, has adaptive suspension been confirmed for Australian market? If not, I can't see any great reason to feel disappointed about buying an MY17.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Skoda is the poverty VAG brand , dont expect to see the new wet clutch 7 speed dsg for a couple of years.

Users Country Flag
    According to this Skoda Details Revised Octavia & Octavia RS At Official Launch Event [84 Pics] the new Octavia will have the new 7 speed DSG... I guess this is the MY18 here though?
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Hard to say there as it doesn't say whether its the new wet clutch just that its the first time they have used it in that combo. Generally Audi or higher marques are the testing ground and after the bugs are sorted (or not as everyone found with the dry 7spd) VW and SKoda get them. It would be unlikely Skoda would see it first, but then again Skoda has become the new growth platform for VAG as VW has slowed down so maybe they are doing things differently.

Users Country Flag
    Interior pictures of the white RS press car show manual handbrake.

2017 Octavia-skoda-octavia-rs-fl-premiere-17-jpg

Also, no more radar sensor in the lower grille in the front bumper? Looks like there's a shiny blacked out area in the centre of the grille that could have absorbed that sensor.
    2017 Octavia-skoda-octavia-rs-fl-premiere-9-jpg
    Alternatively traffic jam assist isn't standard across the whole range in LHD markets and press car is lower spec without tech pack.
    Would this potentially mean that manual handbrake gets deleted when you option the tech pack?

I am glad they got rid of the red inserts on the seats and stitching on the steering wheel. Was hoping to see that on the RS230 as a point of difference. Definitely looks more mature and less 'boy racer'.

The red was fine, everyone wanted it in the Mk2 until it eventually came. I'm wondering if the handbrake goes with the higher end, but you would think probably not, they would have to design a whole different centre console to take advantage of it. The radar has moved under the badge away from the lower region. A good move really, it was always susceptible to damage down that low.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DETROITCANDY View Post
    Interior pictures of the white RS press car show manual handbrake.

I am glad they got rid of the red inserts on the seats and stitching on the steering wheel. Was hoping to see that on the RS230 as a point of difference. Definitely looks more mature and less 'boy racer'.
    They have offered in the European market the silver inserts for quite some time in the vRS. They were never going to not have red in the RS230, especially being the sport option offered above vRS.
    MY16 Skoda Octavia vRS - Moon White Metallic, 19 Black Pack, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack, Sunroof.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast