Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Columbus map update available

I'm attempting to download it now, says its going to take another 1 day and 3 hrs. Has anybody downloaded it on to a sd card already. I ll pay for the card , postage etc .

After reading the other thread, it appears it wont load on my MY14 without the lock code anyway.

Users Country Flag
    Just updated mine. Took about 2.5hrs to download on a 50Mbps NBN and 45 mins to update in the car using a 32GB Samsung EVO+ SD card. Took me 3 tries to update due to the following (tips to others):

- MIB doesn't seem to like a card with files transferred through a Mac (somehow Mac OS dumped a few hidden files into the card) - resolved using Clean My Drive 2 app to remove any junk files. Lock the card to prevent further writing to the card once done
    - All 3 files once unzipped ("MIB1", "MIB2" and a txt file) SHOULD be in the root of the card (not in under another folder which is by default normally once you unzip)
    '17 MY18 Skoda Octavia vRS 169Wagon | Quartz Grey | DSG | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Sunroof | Electric Tailgate
    OBDeleven'ed: High Beam Assist
    | Comfort Blink Cycle x 4 | DRL On/Off | Traffic Message Channel | HVAC Auto Fan Speed Display | HVAC Recirculation Memory | Maxidot: Refuel Amount, Lap Timer| Tailgate Closing via Interior Button| Remote Tailgate Closing | Easy Entry/Exit | Comfort Sunroof Opening | Acoustic Lock/Unlock | Dynamic Brake Lights
    [Retired] 2010 MY09 BMW E90 320d M Sport | 2004 MY04 BMW E46 325i M Sport

I gave up ever using my Macs, it always halts the download and can't restart it. I use my slower work computer on the slower network there to download.

Users Country Flag
    I'm on 100 Mbps NBN and my download took about 18 hours lol
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    Yep after getting to just over 7gb three times I gave up on the Mac and brought it down no problems on the old PC.

Users Country Flag
    Hey I wonder if anyone can help I just bought a 2014 Skoda RS and when I enter the vin into the portal I don't get an update for AU. Any Ideas?

Users Country Flag
    Yes, you will find that you will have to visit a dealer, pay some $$ (most likely) and have them register extended maps and code your car. Then you'll be able to download them with your VIN.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Quote Originally Posted by SKODARS2014 View Post
    Hey I wonder if anyone can help I just bought a 2014 Skoda RS and when I enter the vin into the portal I don't get an update for AU. Any Ideas?
    Can try the VW update as no VIN is needed on that like skoda

Skoda RS230
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag

Even from the VW site the map won't install into the car unless the car is encoded to allow that date version to work.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast