Thread: phaeton's Trip to the Dealer: Beetle 118TSI Edition

Users Country Flag

phaeton's Trip to the Dealer: Beetle 118TSI Edition

Thanks to Kylie & the team at Solitaire Medindie !!!

Beetle 118TSI

Last edited by phaeton; 11-03-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Beetle 118TSI with Sport Package

- Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

- Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

- Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag
    I thought I saw that red one on Saturday, although it was a way out from Hawthorn so must have been another new red one with Euro plates. They definitely have some presence on the road. I don't think I could buy one myself, but the black one does look cool.

I assume that's Kylie who used to be at the Medindie site. One of the good ones in the car game..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Thanks for posting these up. I'm seriously considering one in about 12 months time. Looks like the boot has grown a lot since the last version
    PRUDENCE: 2008 POLO CLUB 9N3, 17s, BODY KIT, LOTS OF MEMORIES. FOR SALE HERE

KRISTINA: 2013 POLO 77TSI, COMFORT & SPORT PACK, BLACK BOAVISTA 17s, MATTE BLACK FRONT EMBLEM, REAR BADGE DELETE

Users Country Flag
    I had a look over the New Beetle with Sports Package at my local dealer today, and its definately looking less girly than the old model.

In particular, those dash mounted dials above the centre stack looks very attractive and give it a harder look. Nice upgrade.
    2013 CC 130TDI Night Blue Metallic with Driver Assistance Package, Park Assist 2, Walnut Trim and Ambient Lighting, Front Active Climate Control Seats, Towbar, and Dynaudio Premium Audio.
    -----
    My previous ride - 2005 Golf Comfortline DSG 2.0 TDI

Hi, new to the Beetle side of the forum

Just put a deposit on a Fender Edition

this will be my 5th VW having had a 1300 Beetle back when.

My current cars are a Scirocco R and an Audi TT
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    I love it, but want more power... shame we won't ever see the GSR.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    Hi, new to the Beetle side of the forum

Just put a deposit on a Fender Edition

this will be my 5th VW having had a 1300 Beetle back when.

My current cars are a Scirocco R and an Audi TT
    Congrats - the interior of the Fender with the wood trim looks pretty special. I'm not a huge fan of the shiny wheel covers but I acknowledge they suit the design of the special edition.

The interior of the Beetle feels a generation newer than my Golf R even if it's got the same nav unit - the most noticable difference is the keyless entry which I can't believe isn't even an option on the flagship R models.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    I love it, but want more power... shame we won't ever see the GSR.
    I tried pretty hard to buy a Beetle with the 2.0T engine, but it just wasn't going to happen no matter which dealer I tried to bribe or sweet talk.

In the end I bought a 1.4TSI anyway, and from the 30kms or so of driving I did delivering it from dealership into my wife's custody it's actually pretty good. The 7 speed DSG picks up off the line much quicker than the 6 speed in my R, so for around town driving it feels pretty snappy.

Of course it won't be near as handy for overtaking slow trucks at 100kph on a single lane highway, as it's the triple-figure acceleration times that really need big power, but as a city car it'll do nicely.

Naturally it'll get the APR treatment for another 40kW in the very near future.