Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 21st Century new Beetle Revealed !!!

Users Country Flag

The 21st Century new Beetle Revealed !!!

I hate beetles aswell but these are pritty cool and the window thing is just cool!
    YAY I got my R!!!! White, recaro seats, 19" wheels, bluetooth, reverse camera

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy_21 View Post
    as much as i hate beetles (i just do), this has the most awesome feature ive ever seen..
    the door windows are pillar-less. So the geniuses at VW put this system in; when you pull the door handle, the window goes down about 10mm. then when you close the door, the window winds back up to the original position.. reason being the window seal gets in the way, so if it didn't do this the window would catch on the seal.
    pretty cool.
    Very neat feature indeed - stolen from other pillar-less 2 doors in the VAG stable.

Earlier versions of this system (996 series 911 for example) get confused when the battery voltage is very low- when you shut the door the window will jump up and down like a pogo stick until the battery is completely flat. I assume this 'feature' hasn't been carried over to the Beetle.

Users Country Flag
    Or just and after thought because they made the window seal rediculoisly stiff

Users Country Flag
    The gauges for the sport line seem like a after thought as well. The end gauge can't be seen properly from the drivers seat unless you lean over. And they gave it piss weak xenons that don't require pop up washers cause there not as strong as other vag xenons.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    Picked this up for my wife on Friday. DSG, sports pack, leather, sunroof. It goes ok but I'm not a huge fan of the power delivery of the 1.4 or the way the DSG changes. You can feel the change even under light throttle unlike my R which is seemless almost all of the time. I'm sure the power can be fixed with a tune and the DSG may improve over time.

Golf R 5 door, DSG, EVOMS CAI, TXS DP, Recode Tune.

Quote Originally Posted by zbeasty View Post
    Picked this up for my wife on Friday. DSG, sports pack, leather, sunroof. It goes ok but I'm not a huge fan of the power delivery of the 1.4 or the way the DSG changes. You can feel the change even under light throttle unlike my R which is seemless almost all of the time. I'm sure the power can be fixed with a tune and the DSG may improve over time.

Looks great! Any chance you can post a pic from inside showing the sunroof? None of the demo models we've seen so far have the roof option - from the outside it looks like it is pretty large?

Also keen to hear your thoughts on the 1.4 once tuned - that'd be first on our list too.

Users Country Flag
    some pics I took in a Berlin VW dealership recently of some new Beetles. Both of these are the 155TSI models which unfortunately I don't think we're getting over here in Australia.

His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Got this for the missus. A Fender. Shown here about to be paint sealed. Ceramic Pro

Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123