Thread: 10000km Check In

Users Country Flag

10000km Check In

Well we have now had my Beetle for 10 months now (red, mt, with tech pack and sunroof). Just thought i would check in with my thoughts on this car so far. Well i love the car in particular the great driving dynamics. The car looks fantastic and i regularly get positive comments from passer byes. Being a coupe it has its limitations in only seating 4 and the back row lacks decent legroom but that doesn't worry us as all kids have grown up and left home; if for any reason i need 5 seats i take the other car. The 118TSI is a great engine with lots of punch. So far we have not needed to add any oil. We are getting 7 Litre per 100 km in normal driving and as low as 6.2 on a long trip. The car has been reliable and we have had no warranty issues.

Users Country Flag
    I've got one too and I share your sentiments! Great car to drive, packs quite a punch, and looks fantastic. However, my Beetle's oil light came on at 10,000kms (I admit that I should have been checking it a bit more frequently) and it turned out to be virtually empty. No leak, but apparently it's not unusual for this model to burn through the oil a bit?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Has a PT Cruiser that this happened to; topped it up and never had to top up the fluids again. I figured that the new engine used a bit of oil breaking in! When I picked up the Beetle the service manager told me to expect it to need an oil top up. They gave me a litre of oil but have not had to use it yet.