Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 1980 B1 Passat Project

Anything left over can you give me a yell as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyACT View Post
    Great project Pete. Inspriring stuff. I have a soft spot for old Passats. I am a newbie here but owned a few of these older Passats and a couple of Audi Foxes in the past.

I don't have one of these cars now but do have a few parts left over. I am in Canberra. I'll have to dig them out from under the house to see exactly what's there as it's been a while. Plus I moved house 18 months ago and some stuff was tossed. I wrecked a wagon at one point as I needed bits for my own wagon (back in the mid 90's). They may not interest you but I think I have an instrument cluster (not everything was working from memory), "restored" Passat LS badge, rear drums, external mirrors, alternator I think, maybe a Solex single barrel carby, handbrake cable, brake bits, maybe hubs and struts if not chucked, maybe front discs, etc.. I think that there is a box full of stuff as well as some loose stuff. Hopefully it survived the move.

As I am new here, I may not yet have private messaging privileges. If you are interested in finding out more about these bits, just post back here if you can't private message me yet.

Cheers,
    James
    Old Skool Passat Power Rules!!!
    1974 Passat LS with a SEAT 1.8, 32/36 Weber, full performance exhaust and a K&N filter. 80kw at the wheels??

Quote Originally Posted by vinderliker View Post
    Anything left over can you give me a yell as well!
    No worries. We are both in Canberra so that helps. I may not have that much stuff after all. Hopefully I'll get a chance to dig it out on the weekend and will know for sure.
    James

Hey Peter I have a 1980 B1 wagon I want to get rid of if you're interested in parts - unfortunately I'm in Brisbane. It's in the complete cars for sale forum. I've put a price on it but I really just wanted to keep the scrap metal junkies away from it - I'd consider smaller offers if the car or the parts are going to a good home. It looks like it might be in slightly better condition than yours was before all your hard work (great job by the way). I've got to get rid of the thing cause I'm out of space.

I think I might be the only B1 owner up here in Bris. Only seen one other (a two door with 4 round headlights, probably '78 model, silver) up at Noosa earlier this year, and no others in about the past seven years....
    Mike.

1976 Passat LS
    1985 Audi 100 CD
    2007 Passat TDI 125 wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Some more progress, got it undercoated.

It's highlighted a couple of faults I missed, but nothing major.

Hopefully we might get some colour on it next weekend.

Enjoy!

79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    Excellent work Pete. Its sweet that your restoring the old passat They're becoming rare and your particular model is the only one ive seen in Aus so far.

I like the twin healights they have, something I wish our 76er passat has instead of the square lights.

Keep it up
    2000 SAAB 9-5 Aero - Stage 2. 275hp 420Nm, Brew City Boost
    1986 SAAB 900 Turbo 16 S

Users Country Flag
    nice work Pete

your giving me inspiration to finish mine now!
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Nice one Pete, good to see you finally got some time to get some more work done!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

I'm just jealous, yours will really put the Little Beastie to shame
    Old Skool Passat Power Rules!!!
    1974 Passat LS with a SEAT 1.8, 32/36 Weber, full performance exhaust and a K&N filter. 80kw at the wheels??

The Passat is looking great Pete, nice to see the green (and orange) go!
    Beige 79 Mk1 GLD White 76 Mk1 LS 3 door
    White 68 Alfa 1750 Berlina Champagne 91 Alfa 75
    Red 09 9N3 Polo TDI White 2010 Skoda Octavia Combi TDI

wonderful stuff pete - just great!
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast