Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: 1980 B1 Passat Project

Users Country Flag

Hello, I wonder if the references you put more back on Koni, are you would need for my passat b1, I want to mount some more sport shocks and cut springs oem, or send to make a sale, but would need to make sure if references you indicate further back are correct for our cars

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    All the B1 shocks are the same.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    ok, I understand then that the references to the Koni yellows, write in previous post, is that I have to search for the B1, no? thanks

Users Country Flag
    Thanks, I found Koni yellow rear, front are out of print, I seemed to read that are the same as those of the B2?

Yes that's right. B1 and B2 front struts are the same.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Pictures from DOVW Vic.

7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

A car show popped up right on our doorstep today at the local ENZED shop where they were launching the Touring Car Masters.

We took the golf down and once that was dropped off Jodie went back for the Passat.

7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    Why is the radiator moved over to the side and what's that where a radiator would sit on a normal car?

I presume that's where VW put it and it obviously works but wouldn't it work better up front?

Cheers

Paul

The B1 chassis is front wheel drive but has a north-south motor.

In some of the Audi models they fitted a 5 cylinder motor in there.

Basically they did it to keep the nose length as short as they could with the north-south motor configuration.

I managed to sneak a small oil cooler in front of the motor though, that's what you can see.

That's the stock location for the radiator. There should be a bunch of cardboard shrouds around it but I haven't gotten around to re-creating them yet.
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

We decided to take Frank and Red to a car show today. They were both pretty dirty from driving the streets, especially on rainy days, so they got a wash on Saturday, and a touching up on black plastics.

On the other side of this bridge? Unmade, unsealed road. For kilometres. This did not show on Google Maps. By the time we got to the venue both cars were caked in dust. Dammit.

Oh well, we joined the rest of the cars there. It was a fundraiser and there was a mix of cars and marques from all eras. We spotted a couple Bay Window Kombis but that was it for other VWs.

Gorgeous venue though, spectacular views, nestled in next to the Yarra Ranges. Was a lovely sunny day for it, too.
    7? MK1 Caddy
    12 Amarok

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast