Support VWWC

Page 879 of 883 FirstFirst ... 379779829869877878879880881 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 8828

Thread: What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

Users Country Flag

Wow Rolf that's looks beefy. Nice bud, any plans to switch out the stamped LCA's?
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    Great work lachlan! Keen to catch up soon mate! Come for a drive or Ill swing past?
    No worries Anthony - will catch you soon ... still a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    Wow Rolf that's looks beefy. Nice bud, any plans to switch out the stamped LCA's?
    Hey Beale, I sourced some TT LCA's a while back but they need a bit of work before I can fit them.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds good mate! I got some lca's and spindles from this at Upullit late last year

Users Country Flag
    Where's the U-pull-it you get your parts from Anthony? (Is that your wheelbarrow? - good idea!)

Users Country Flag
    This one was Elizabeth mate, but I go to them all. Last year was the best year there. Had 1 GTI 1 TT 1 V5 Bora and a heap of AGN engined A3s

Users Country Flag
    Hi Gents,
    My Bora has crazy high fuel consumption and now I am getting this error:

17516 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B2 S1
    P1108 - 35-10 - Performance too Low - Intermittent
    Readiness: 0010 1001

Any idea what that readiness code means?
    Should I just have the front O2 Sensor changed and that will fix the issue?
    Last edited by arixooo; 08-04-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I took my Golf to the VW happy laps on the weekend. Managed to blow out/split the turbo to charge pipe hose which resulted in a massive boost leak. The car was running great until then.

I have ordered a silicon replacement. I ordered some 256mm rear brake spacers as well. Its about time I installed all the brake components I have lying around.

There is something going on with the rear of the car as well. When I Jack the drivers side up from the front, the rear wheel lifts.

But when I Jack the passenger side up, the rear wheel is dramatically lower. From a quick look everything still looks connected, rear sway bar etc.... Something is not right

Users Country Flag
    Well, I sold my 2001 V6 Bora 5 years ago and have been driving a WRX. And enjoying having it as my daily drive.

Somehow I missed the Bora, so recently bought a 2003 Blue V6 Bora 244k km with the intention of doing it up. It was filthy when I got it but single owner with logbook and service history. So far I have cleaned all seats, carpet, seat belts, centre console. My first real task was replacing the clutch pedal which broke in my original Bora wrecking the master cylinder around 130k km. Took me a few hours but I did it. Next I will replace the brake vacuum hose and ignition as these also failed on the original car. Air & cabin filters and haldex oil & filter next on the list.

Any other suggestions for OEM parts which fail?

I did miss driving it.

What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-20190219_bora-1-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Front control arm bushes... VR's sound beautiful but are sooo heavy in the front.

Users Country Flag

What bushes would you recommend?

This tutorial looks helpful: Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk IV Front Control Arm Bushings Replacement (1999-2005) - Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

How tricky is it to press them out / press in without special tools? Or should I just get the control arms with bushes?

I changed the Haldex fluid and filter today.

Page 879 of 883 FirstFirst ... 379779829869877878879880881 ... LastLast