Page 870 of 883 FirstFirst ... 370770820860868869870871872880 ... LastLast
Results 8,691 to 8,700 of 8828

Thread: What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

whats the 02j shifter conversion?
    keen for pics of progress!

I pulled the front end off the bora to work out why the low beam on the left side had stopped working.
    turns out was a simple as a toast globe, bit annoying they were only 2.5 years old.
    now rocking different colours left and right until I can order some more globes.

swapped out the oettinger grill for a early all black slate grill.

bonnet pull finally gave out, tried to swap another on but seems golf ones are shorter!
    few cable ties and the bora one was back in action, I'll order a new one.

Tried to find where the leak was in my air management, thought I found the leak but it seems to have only slowed it.
    Hopefully pull everything out and give it a refresh and tidy up soon

Users Country Flag
    mines a 99 model had the old mk3 parts bin shifter- replaced it with the later set up-must of farkd up something there with the coding for a mod to query that ol chestnut/bolts straight in no mods but alcohol intake increase-progress pics-looks like a golf that had been stolen and in the midst of a strip.
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Users Country Flag
    ROCCO somewhat yes,aint into prancing about look at me all pretty bling ****-big fan of rough and ready-best cars to track about in..imagine rwd..im that idiot that does that dumb fukd up ****.

"tarnished from a young age via family and friends and the hot4s magazines
    endless wwide mod.platforms when the net wasnt mainstream"

this has always been a hobby and people in the industrys wetdreamXnightmare as one way or another that silly **** I read got done-no rich kid..just always worked and did alot of reading in the duration of that-hunt around enough 10k can be had for 3-5k worth of mods.

few ****boxs from the past,
    12sec tripple charade-wtf?
    r100 13bt-blow through carby turbo set up-plenum used to freeze on a normal day-BIG ALL OUT MOVER-pig otherwise-Dave/ASE- when they first started-
    plus plenty others going through the series in that model fkn brap-DONE!
    cressida 1jz-that was a solid car
    wrx wikd up then rwd conversion-meh

vortex go all out brother-mine is rather borish to them nuts and theres a few up in here way more advanced in mods-like yourself
    Last edited by DAM GTi; 27-01-2017 at 02:01 AM.
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Users Country Flag
    What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-sa-jpgWhat have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-dd-jpgWhat have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-ss-jpg

talks cheap piccys..

pretty cut so not many taken when stompin about in the cave..dummied up/stuffed up/re ordered then done again plus zip ties weight reduction
    big thanks to lito and gav for countless hours of email help and dribble and not a cold shoulder ever-good people!
    scirocco mite add you to that list if you are upto it?
    that other supersonic moderator mad max avator guy runs a vw mechanical mobile bizzy up in SA..mite pester him aswell-unless someone tells me otherwise-seems straight edge to the letter,ok thats enough-beer is drank..monthly rant OVER.
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Did a service on my V6 bora today, put some liquimoly engine detox through it before hand, the shop had only changed the oil 3500 kms ago, and it was very dark even before the detox went through it. A pic of the oils are before detox after detox and the oil out of the gearbox oil which is 700kms old after the bevel box went.

Picked up the filter for $21 from super cheap auto, there parts catalogue online is awesome! Even sell fenders and bumpers.

Users Country Flag
    What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-aaaaaa-jpgbolted that up..cut out the trim smashed a noodle on it wrapping it in pleather-thats at a dummied up stage still..looks good..see if ultra racing claim they know mk4 handling..feels stiffer from the rocks i was throwing at it..

What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-bbbbbb-jpgWhat have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-ccccc-jpgpoly all fixed in..id say the next i do will have it all done in 2hrs..this took 5-6hr with limited info.tools

What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-ddddd-jpgmore oil cooler effort..universals come with AN fittings attached-would of been fantastic if the frikin didnt
    bit of front plastic notching and the hard plate drivers side needed a good seeing to aswell

thats what i did with my 1 day off today
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM GTi View Post
    more oil cooler effort..universals come with AN fittings attached-would of been fantastic if the frikin didnt
    Is your cooler thermostat controlled?

Also with your current location, it might make a front mount install impossible. I guess you could replace your front rebar with something smaller, or cut the original big time.

The next section is a copy and paste from another forum..

Unless your car is highly modified and run at sustained high speeds at the track, you don't need an external one. Even in this situation it is questionable.

There have been several conversations concerning engine oil temperature & turbo reliability... the conclusions, based on actual measured engine oil temperatures, were that engine oil temp does not reach excessive peak temp, when driving car the issue of turbo reliability is largely a matter of using appropriate engine oil & doing engine & turbo cooling-off before engine shutdown.

As everyone knows, there are two different engines, both 1.8t, the 150/180hp & the 225hp (TTq/S3) ... the 1.8t fitted in vw golf gti's will experience an oil pressure drop when fitted with large external oil cooler --- the 1.8t fitted to TTq and S3 can support an external oil cooler because of higher capacity engine oil pump ...

a recognized synthetic engine oil is a large part of the overal solution...

This is an excerpt from 'Maximum Boost' written by Corky Bell:

"Adding an oil cooler to a high-performance engine is often contemplated in the expectation of imporoving engine durability. Although it usually does, don't be too hasty to rush out and buy a huge oil cooler without investigating the real requirements of your engine. Oil prefers to operate in a given temperature range that supplies the viscosity needs for protecting the engine, doen't over-heat the oil on the high end and when cool, doesn't add any more drag to the system than necessary. These requirements are all easily met by the right oil type and viscosity operating in the correct temperature range.
    ...skip paragraph about synthetics...
    It needs to be understood that oil temperatures below these minumums will degrade durability just as surely as exceeding the maximums. The installation of an oil temperature gauge will tell the whole story. Do that before installing an expensive oil cooler system............"
    Last edited by Sirocco20348; 31-01-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Users Country Flag
    yeah-sandwich has it..
    could always use it as a filter relocator if a major flaw
    or use it for the gearbox-unless thats going lunch it aswell-fknthing
    or place it on another car I have going
    nothing lost..like tinkering abouts
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Users Country Flag
    Apparently, diesel slicks, wet roads and concrete barriers tend to win the battle...spent some time tonight prepping the plastic parts for paint.
    What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-sight_2017_01_10_072047_927-jpgWhat have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-sight_2017_02_04_081706_415-jpg

Ouch! Hope your ok.

My drivers window reg let go in the bora as I pulled into the shops.
    When my passenger one went I was able to assist the and get the glass into place. This time no such luck and it fell to the bottom.
    Ordered a replacement which turned up less than 12 hours later, fitted it, all went to plan until the metal ring that holds the lock in place fell into the door... you can imagine how pleased I was to pull the whole thing apart again.

Page 870 of 883 FirstFirst ... 370770820860868869870871872880 ... LastLast