Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V6 Bora 4motion Gearbox went Bang! Literally

I have the complete gearbox and at a pinch I could deliver it to Brisbane. Don't know what it is worth and would be happy to take suggestions from forum members as to a fair price. You can pm me if you don't want to go public with your suggestions. Siggers I will pm you just so you can see how it works.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Hi All,

I am really struggling to get the bevel box out, someone put it as oh it's just 4 bolts and it basically falls out, well, I have undone allot more than 4 bolts, and I'm no closer to getting it out then those first four bolts, the part I seem to be stuck in it the prop shaft/flex joint, I think once I figure out how it decouples from the bevel box, I should be right. I have the rear half of the exhaust off, centre cv disconnected, but I can't see how getting to the bolts that attach to the joint would have enough space between it and the bevel box and there seems to be not enough space without dropping the sub frame to get at the rear of the joint.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggers View Post
    Hi All,

I am really struggling to get the bevel box out, someone put it as oh it's just 4 bolts and it basically falls out, well, I have undone allot more than 4 bolts, and I'm no closer to getting it out then those first four bolts, the part I seem to be stuck in it the prop shaft/flex joint, I think once I figure out how it decouples from the bevel box, I should be right. I have the rear half of the exhaust off, centre cv disconnected, but I can't see how getting to the bolts that attach to the joint would have enough space between it and the bevel box and there seems to be not enough space without dropping the sub frame to get at the rear of the joint.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    You undid the 3 spline headed bots from the prop into the back of the bevel? And that deep set 6mm allen bolt I showed you?

As well as the 4 m8 allen bolts.

It just pulls off then.

Those spline headed bolts, there isn't enough space to get them out between the flex disk and the bevel box. This may be because the housing is very damaged. Unless you are suppose to somehow undo the bolts on the other side between the flex disk and the rear of the car, which would take the flex disk off the bevel box...

I'll pm you Gavin's number. He has been working night shift but I think he should take your call

Also keep in mind, I can't exactly keep it from rotating that easy, if at all, half the output housing has fallen off, the internal gears are minced and most of the hosing has moved away from the main section...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggers View Post
    Also keep in mind, I can't exactly keep it from rotating that easy, if at all, half the output housing has fallen off, the internal gears are minced and most of the hosing has moved away from the main section...
    The the heads of the prop bolts are atthe back. strap wrench on the propshaft while undoing the bolts?

They are that tight in my experience

Users Country Flag
    have pm'd you link. Hope it helps
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Well it's out and all back together. A couple more pics

Hopefully you will be up and running now. I did some searching and it sounds like the controller could be an issue from what you were telling us the other day. I have hopefully included the link below. As I mentioned I have a spare controller sitting in the garage if you need it.

Advice needed please: 4Motion Haldex issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast