Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stathi's DBP .:R32

Users Country Flag

Stathi's DBP .:R32

Hey, as some of you may know already, as of last week I became the proud owner of #178/200. During my time with the Mk3 I was always on the lookout for a MkIV R32 and this happened to be the best one. It came with a complete Barloworld log book service history, was taken care of by it's owners, has 133xxx km's on the clock and Bilstein coil overs.
    Plans are to keep it as stock as possible for as long as possible, bar wheel set ups.
    Have already done the flapper mod to it and I think that's the only thing I will touch on the exhaust - plenty loud already.

A couple of very minor problems with the vehicle though. The passengers xenon doesn't turn on and there is a slight grinding/whirring/whining noise through all gears under accel/decel - doesn't occur in neutral though. Having it serviced on Friday so I'm hoping the mechanic can shed some light on this too.

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the purchase, looks great.

Cute like you gino!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Awh thanks Woody

Users Country Flag
    wow this is nice, congrats!
    Ps you don't happen to be Johnny & Nicks cousin?

Looks neat dude, with the headlights, I'd have a play with swapping the ballasts over either side and stuff. Should be able to figure out whats wrong with them but swapping parts around.

Quote Originally Posted by ffoff View Post
    Looks neat dude, with the headlights, I'd have a play with swapping the ballasts over either side and stuff. Should be able to figure out whats wrong with them but swapping parts around.
    This. Do they flash when you turn them on at all?

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    wow this is nice, congrats!
    Ps you don't happen to be Johnny & Nicks cousin?
    Thanks! Haha, being greek I've got quite a few cousin Johns/Nicks... don't think they're the ones you're thinking of though
    Quote Originally Posted by ffoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    This. Do they flash when you turn them on at all?
    Ah sweet and well the drivers side works Dyl but the passengers side is just full blown nothing; not even a flicker when I switch them on

Few things I've noticed since owning the car for 6 weeks now that I'm going to jump on once I return from overseas next year.

Input shaft bearing is toast, so the box will need dropping and working on. Am going to install an LSD and upgrade the selector forks while its out.
    Rear alignment on the suspension is very bad and am looking at refreshing the whole front and rear setup with adjustable goodies and this afternoon after fitting the new wheels, I noticed the rear spring perches were installed upside down so they'll be changed to be correct when the suspension is being done.

Also came across something very unusual; the lock nut for the front passenger side wheel was cross threaded and completely destroyed the thread for that particular hole. Will look at getting the front rotors replaced with 2 piece rotors from ECS and change the front pads to red-stuffs while I'm at it.

Photo of new wheels

Users Country Flag

Love them wheels on a mk4!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast