Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stathi's DBP .:R32

Users Country Flag

excited to see the girl out again. i can scan with VCDS if you wanna find that airbag light
    01 MKIV GTI ME7 converted hybrid k04
    08 MKV GTI Daily driver duties
    I have serious VAG issues.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeine View Post
    excited to see the girl out again. i can scan with VCDS if you wanna find that airbag light
    Cheers Lucas! Dropped it off to the mechanic this morning and gave him a list of things that need doing; he's gonna scan it so dw but yes, looking forward to braps with you!

Not much of an update as the car is sitting at the mechanics getting sorted out. Today I started on a little project; I've now decided to keep my Super RS... WTT

The R32 has come home! Haven't been for a proper drive in it just yet as it isn't rego'd but my god, the short trip home from the mechanics was amazing. Gearbox was completely rebuilt from the ground up and there's no more horrific grinding noise when in Neutral or any other gear for that matter! Gear changes are buttery smooth, no weird noises coming from anywhere any more and the engine purrs - so glad to have it back home.

Checked my rear speakers yesterday afternoon and they do work, so no need to replace them any more. Last final things to get sorted are to reinstalled the rest of the interior pieces, redo roof lining, make a nice carpet to cover the rear seat section (no more rear seats in this anymore), give it a really good wash and some hella stance.

So its now been a few weeks since I've rego'd the R32 and I've put about 500kms on it since. Everything drives smoothly bar a couple of things. I think I need to reinstall the interior as I'm getting quite a lot of road noise not having any rear seats/center console/parcel shelf in the car and I think I'm due for a suspension bushing refresh all round as the fronts are making kind of like a twisting/clicking noise and the rear end has a decent bushing clunking around noise, most likely from the control arms.

Other than that, the car is as amazing as I remember it only now it doesn't have a horrid box!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234