Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stathi's DBP .:R32

You'll need another hub and bearing if you can't fix that thread for the wheel nut

Users Country Flag
    Subscribed.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ffoff View Post
    You'll need another hub and bearing if you can't fix that thread for the wheel nut
    Yeah, was going to buy new rotors and stuff too as mine are starting to lip. May as well change and upgrade.

Users Country Flag
    Congrats man! I will be following!
    1990 Mk2 GTI 20vt - @mk2.20vt

So after returning from Europe, the car stuff has begun already. Over the weekend I managed to fit a Cupra R lip and cut the lower bumper grilles so they now serve their purpose as apposed to being closed up.; Also painted them black.
    Wound down my front coils too but I want to go lower (about 7 turns left to the bottom) and during the week I'll be soaking the rear perches in WD40 as they're stuck and need a good whack to loosen them.

Stathi's DBP .:R32-imageuploadedbytapatalk1421698700-818684-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Done anything about your gearbox? Priced it up with a shop? I've gotta do mine soon but scared to get a quote haha. Also, got any links to decent lsd and fork upgrades? Clean looking r32 mate. Cheers
    CURRENT: DBP Mk4 Golf .:R34 no. 187 (WOOKY)
    Mods: C2 Motorsport Custom Tune | 268/264 schrick cams | Eurospecsport forged rods | JE forged pistons | Miltec Headers back | Higher compression | Engine fully ported | polished balanced crank | Sach Motorsport clutch | Single mass flywheel | Wavetrack LSD | Shortened 4th/5th/6th | etc etc |

Quote Originally Posted by Swainey32 View Post
    Done anything about your gearbox? Priced it up with a shop? I've gotta do mine soon but scared to get a quote haha. Also, got any links to decent lsd and fork upgrades? Clean looking r32 mate. Cheers
    Hey! Yeah, I've had a few quotes from a couple of different workshops around Sydney; most are quoting around the low $3,000 mark including labor so it isn't too bad I guess but mate, get it done before you start to wreck gears! And in terms of LSD, either go for a peloquin or wavetrack and USP Motorsports sell selector fork upgrade kits made of steel instead of brass, which is a worthwhile upgrade.

Users Country Flag
    Good news for me was it was a belt that made a whinning noise on acceleration/deceleration which went away when clutch was in and not the dreaded gearbox drop so only about $350 fixed!

Oh thats sick! Hopefully mine is the same situation because I am not keen on forking out thousands just yet!

Haven't done much recently but have bought another cupra lip (other got destroyed) which I'm yet to install, had a headlight lens break, and discovered a flat spot on one of my tyres - very annoying to listen to. Need to upgrade my speakers as the rears dont work at all and I should be getting the gearbox rebuilt sometime very soon. Enough rambling, here's some pr0n:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast