Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: South Coast Bora

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Bora coming out of hibernation for the usual family commitments over Christmas !!
    From the south coast to western NSW on Christmas Eve - 500km - then back to Goulburn - 350km on Christmas afternoon for leftovers and back to the bay - 150km that night ready for work on Boxjng day !!!
    So 1000km with a couple of kilos of prawns and a few dozen oysters for company !!
    Hope everyone has a great and safe Christmas !!
    If you see a shiny black Bora on the road give us a flash !!

Update time .....
    Bora going great , survived a few Christmas kms (2000 plus) but always room for improvement !!
    So going the Audi TT front suspension conversion with a few extras ....
    TT uprights or hub carriers which correct some of the suspension angles that get screwed up when you lower a Bora
    Tubular lower control arms with spherical ball joints to get rid of the crap suspension bushes and get some consistent location .....
    Changed to KW coilovers and am using new coils that are off my Sti ....
    why ??
    Ive found that whilst most ( all ?? ) coilover sets list firments for multiple models within a production range - mk4 platform with multiple engine and gearbox variants across multiple body types Bora, Golf, Audi, Beetle etc you get something that fits but I don't think works the best in specific situations ....
    The Bora ... Biggest and heaviest engine and transmission option - same coilover as 1.8 .....
    Mine rode ok around town but was inconsistent on choppy country roads and bottomed out frequently .....
    Ive 4 different spring rate options for the WRX - which have a much better coilover setup than then Bora in that you can change ride height by shortening the effective strut length without affecting the spring preload - which fit my KW coilover shocks so I've gone up in spring rate and now I've a more consistent ride at highway speeds and almost no bottoming out at identical ride heights !!
    Once the arms are here I'll fit it all up and get wheel aligned again with that ability to change camber from the top with the kmac top mounts , castor with the spherical rear control arm bush and track /camber with the adjustable lower (Audi) balljoint !!
    ill post pics as I go !!

Hey whats the audio unit in the pic on page 2 of this thread ?
    Is it a good upgrade for a Bora ?
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Any double din unit will fit .
    Theres lots out there with newer features these days !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345