Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South Coast Bora

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Cheers for the comments !! The finish on the wheels is Black Chrome and it looks different depending on lighting conditions ...
    The shark fin antenna was on the car when I got it.... I've seen similar on eBay !
    Just home from Sydney with my R32 goodies.... A busy few days cleaning the leather and rejuvenating it before fitting it all over the next few weeks .... R32 number 186 was the donor car if anyone has a registry going !!
    The Audio system is the next and last item up for sorting ....
    if anyone has recommendations on replacement speakers and a head unit I'd love to hear them !!

Last edited by LeStig; 02-05-2014 at 02:43 PM.

forgot the most important bit !!<br>

The Bilsteins have been on for a while now but they still look pretty !!

Started putting the R32 seats in.... Im used to working on French cars..... The Germans make it so much simpler !! 2 nuts and a couple of plugs and seats are in !!
    Last edited by LeStig; 06-05-2014 at 08:43 PM.

KW V2 coil overs...

Ive also bought the coil overs from the R32 being parted out.... I was only after the rears to try something different and hopefully slightly less harsh than the pedders/koni sport combination that i have at the minute..!! will advise what i end up using and the surplus will be posted in the for sale section ...
    Last edited by LeStig; 26-05-2014 at 08:03 PM.

After weeks of waiting for parts, picking up parts, fitting parts, cleaning parts, searching for more parts I did something that I hadn't done with this car much ..... I went for a drive !!
    From the Bay to Goulburn and then Goulburn to Canberra and then back to Batemans Bay again....
    The seats were supremely comfortable... The new Blaupunkt DVD player worked seamlessly with the iPhone, the car went flawlessly ... It was quiet, comfortable, completely uneconomical and most of all it was fun...

Not it much left to do to it now except more drives like this and some fine tuning.... The odd squeak here and there.... And wash it again

Last edited by LeStig; 12-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Had the car professionally polished today....

Users Country Flag
    Wow! Came up very nice

Users Country Flag
    ooo got shine!!
    nekkminit.. rain.. NOOOO

Fixed the Bora reputation for less than ordinary high beam performance .....
    HID (55 watt) enhanced Cibie Super Oscars .... mounted to front bar so they can be removed with it...

im not expecting anyones approval but the car has been built for trips between the Bay and Canberra/Sydney so performance and application win over aesthetics.....

Iv always wanted to do similar for a laugh, but where you are it will really come in handy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast