Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .:R32 turbo australia?

.:R32 turbo australia?

This is really just a question of curiousity, as it's just in a distant dream for me at the moment since all the kits seem to cost pretty much the sum of the car itself again. So, for my drooling sake , are there any known Turbo .:Rs in Australia? Or better yet, any owners on this forum?
    2011 TDI Caddy- AirRex x AccuAir setup.

Jay in townsville has a turbo R. He did alot of the work himself, but it didn't cost him anything near what one of those kits would!

I'm sure if you asked him nicely he'd be able to hook you up!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag
    The cost is generally prohibitive.

The most well known ones on vortex are the HPA kitted .:R's though.
    I believe it's around 10k for the kit.

I know that there is a member on here who's partner drives the "suga" supercharged mk5 R32.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Jay in townsville has a turbo R. He did alot of the work himself, but it didn't cost him anything near what one of those kits would!

I'm sure if you asked him nicely he'd be able to hook you up!

Oh true. Does he have an account on here?

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    The cost is generally prohibitive.

The most well known ones on vortex are the HPA kitted .:R's though.
    I believe it's around 10k for the kit.

I know that there is a member on here who's partner drives the "suga" supercharged mk5 R32.
    The HPA is about $14k USD, which would work out to be about $18-20k by the time its shipped and put through customs, etc. It's really such a bummer that .:R32 turbo kits cost so much. =[ Yeah, i'm lead to beleive there's also a supercharged mk4 kicking around, too. But I don't think supercharging would be the way i'd want to go if i did.
    Last edited by drewr; 18-05-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    2011 TDI Caddy- AirRex x AccuAir setup.

His nick is MR-JLT
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

20K is a hell of alot for sure. i'm sure if you hunted around, you could build a kit yourself, for a fair bit less than that.

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

There is also a silver R32 in Brisbane that has a HPA single turbo kit on it.

Dragan from Inmotive had it originally on his blue R32 in Sydney.

I believe it was around $20k to get it all up and running properly.

Unfortunately the "Bigdog" Twin Turbo doesn't fit on RHD at all...now THAT would be something.

JBS in UK now have a single turbo kit...there was one in last issue of Volkswagen Driver magazine fitted to a Mk V
    Last edited by graeme86; 18-05-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    As per Graeme's comments above. The real problem once you get the setup to fit is getting a suitable tune for Australian delivered cars.
    Cheers,
    Trent

2010 Renault Clio RenaultSPORT 200 Cup 20th Anniversary Edition - #19 of 30 - The French Connection...
    2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 MkIV - #044 of 200 - Gone But Not Forgotten...
    "Racing is life; Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen -=-=- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Unknown

Users Country Flag
    C2 Motorsport in the U.S. do a pretty tastey kit. And a far cheaper option to HPA in terms of 'bang for buck'. 500HP kit is about $10k US.. The guys there are very on the ball and are extremely helpful... Already emailed them .. Though owning a boosted R is very far off in a distant land.

On another note, there is a guy on VWGolf.net.au - Australian Volkswagen Golf Forums that is soon to be running a R36 twin turbs motor in his Mk5 R32 ... HPA kit.

Users Country Flag

With a boosted .:R you will loose some of that awesome sound though. NA tuning for the win in my opinion.
    Cheers,
    Trent

2010 Renault Clio RenaultSPORT 200 Cup 20th Anniversary Edition - #19 of 30 - The French Connection...
    2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 MkIV - #044 of 200 - Gone But Not Forgotten...
    "Racing is life; Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen -=-=- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Unknown

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast