Thread: Buying disc brake parts

Users Country Flag

Buying disc brake parts

Hi folks, (Question in bold below)

I need to replace my pads and rotors on my 2003 Bora 4motion. I know they're 312mm, and I'm pretty confident in the rotors and pads I want to get. The big problem is actually getting them.

I just wanted to go online or make a phone call, place my order and pay for them when they're ready. It seems like everyone has to add a shipping charge in, and I don't want to pay it. I called DBA to ask about their street series, and the rotors I need are discontinued.

I don't want to go to an auto parts store just so they can order my rotors and pads and charge me a ridiculous mark up. The cheapest thing I've found so far was actually ordering my gear from ECS tuning online, and shipping it from America to Canberra.

Does anyone know where I can get some rotors for my Bora and not have to pay mark-ups or extravagant shipping charges? I'm looking for something 312mm x 25mm slotted and vented around Brembo or Zimmerman quality. Preferably from a place that can sell me pads as well.

Right now, I'm T'ed up for Akebono ceramic pads and Zimmerman coated rotors at just over $500. More than 1/2 of that is shipping from the US, but still cheaper than getting them here in Oz. Help!!! Rotors are wearing thin, so time is running out.

- You want respect? Have a nice car AND know how to drive it. I like sh*t-hot cars with an auto gearbox, but don't tell me you can drive, and that you beat so and so when all you can do is put your foot down. Grow a stick and some balls and then we can talk.

Haha ecs tuning and cheap shipping dont go very well together. Despite that they still end up a lot cheaper. I've recently ordered a big brake kit from Performance Car Parts / EBC Brakes / Eibach Lowering Springs / Koni Suspension Kits / Magnex Exhausts / Powertec Induction Kits - Euro Performance with good success. Cheap shipping and its for a 4motion bora not a fwd bora like that on ecs tuning. (best to be sure as they have different disc sizes) Euro performance have good customer service as well as they pointed out that the rear brembos i was ordering weren't actually the right size. Black Diamond are actually pretty good as well.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...duct=555706947

Does anyone know where I can get some rotors for my Bora and not have to pay mark-ups or extravagant shipping charges?
    Welcome to the lovely land of Australia. I got a quote for 4k for my front brembos in australia and roughly $1.5k from these guys.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag
    Not many people know this but GSL RallySport is a sponsor of the forum. They have deals now and again, best to subscribe to their newsletter. I just bought DBA 4000 series 312mm rotors and EBC Redstuff ceramic pads for ~$450 shipped. The DBA stuff was at 20% off and pads were 50% off with the rotors. Best of all, they're local and Greg (GSL's liaison here) operate with top customer service. The sale's over I believe but it wouldn't hurt to PM Greg @ "gslrallysport" and ask for some quotes.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thank you both for the guidance. Ray, I got your advice a bit late and ended up ordering Zimmerman rotors and PBR pads. I set myself a limit of $540, which is what I would've spent on parts and set out to get better parts than what the garage would've put on as OEM. I succeeded, but would've been pretty stoked to get DBA 4k's and Restuff's for $450.

Unfortunately, the parts have already been dispatched, but I'm happy with what I've got. They're low end, just a slightly higher grade (and dustless) than the garage parts, so when I'm ready to really get some rotors and pads, I won't feel too bad about tossing some somewhat expensive midrange stuff. Thanks guys...see y'all on the road.

- You want respect? Have a nice car AND know how to drive it. I like sh*t-hot cars with an auto gearbox, but don't tell me you can drive, and that you beat so and so when all you can do is put your foot down. Grow a stick and some balls and then we can talk.