Thread: Parts Shopping

Parts Shopping

Just wondering if anyone has a online store they use to buy parts from? Ive looked at ECS and they have the stuff but the shipping is far too pricey, anyone know of any alternatives? Looking for little things like service related nothing major

Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    There's a mountain of links here for all things VAG

VAGLinks.com - Over 2000 Links to VW & Audi Stuff ...V-A-Guh-Links
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petrolpat View Post
    Looking for little things like service related nothing major
    I use sparesbox.com.au

Shipping is cheap, often free. They stock Hengst filters, and they have a handy feature where you specify your car, and then they filter the parts to the ones that fit/suit your car.

Last majors for my two VWs I bought everything from sparesbox except DSG fluid and DSG filter.
    08 Golf GT TDI
    11 (MY12) Passat TDI Wagon

Another good two are
    Pelican Parts Volkswagen Parts and Accessories - OEM Volkswagen Parts - Performance Volkswagen Parts at PelicanParts.com
    Jim Ellis VW OEM VW Parts & Accessories | Jim Ellis Volkswagen

Or if shipping bad you can organize a group buy and share the shipping. I'm sure there is plenty of people needing stuff from ECS.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

I'd be interested in splitting some ecs shipping

Users Country Flag
    I've used Pelican Parts, when I went to Hawaii, I love the extra 32kg allowance on US trips.
    Sparesbox are good too, and local so shipping is not gonna kill like Exorbitant Cost Shipping
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    I've had good experience with sparesbox too. Another option for shipping from the USA is to use a freight forwarder. I've used Shipito twice recently and found them to be quite good. If you open an account with them, they give you a USA address and you can take advantage of the free shipping offers to get it to the USA warehouse. They send you an email with a photo of the box when it arrives and you fill out the customs declaration online. Then you have options with different companies for delivery to Australia depending on how big the box is, how much it weighs and how quickly you want it. If you check online you'll see some negative reviews of Shipito's services but I've only had positive experiences with them.
    Last edited by 007; 23-05-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Not clear
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

I've also used shipito and it's worked great