Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil pressure gauge problem >.<

Users Country Flag

oil pressure gauge problem >.<

my oil pressure gauge keeps popping up and beeping for about 4 - 5 seconds, it goes through three beeps and then flashes about 4 times then just stops

i did a service n changed the oil but the problem still occurs. the thing that confuses me is that my oil pressure gauge says that when i drive the pressure is fine but when im idling it drops significantly.

without a doubt it flashes as soon as i hit 50km/h usully in second sometimes in third. are there any ideas?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp1 View Post
    my oil pressure gauge keeps popping up and beeping for about 4 - 5 seconds, it goes through three beeps and then flashes about 4 times then just stops

i did a service n changed the oil but the problem still occurs. the thing that confuses me is that my oil pressure gauge says that when i drive the pressure is fine but when im idling it drops significantly.

without a doubt it flashes as soon as i hit 50km/h usully in second sometimes in third. are there any ideas?
    Tell us more about the gauge or are you saying the VW warning light comes on and the buzzer goes off?

What oil did you use, the grade that is, not the brand.

Gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    sorry, yeh its the warning lamp. i also have and oil pressure guage above my turbo gauge, i used 10w-40 i think >.> its in my boot n im lying in bed atm so cbf getting it. it said it was ok for turbos and all that. could there be a leak in my boost line somewhere???

im so confused, its either on or off, it never stays on. only for a couple seconds, and the beeping gotten into quicker intervals. now it beeps every time the pedal goes past halfway... also on downhills the warning lamp will stop. but asoon as i hit a slight uphill it will beep at me again

ill get back to you guys with the actual oil when i get upp.. thankyou

If I was you, I would get a mechanic to check it out quick smart, dont want oil pressure dropping and causing far worse problems.
    Audi B4 80 Q V6 '94 Race Car !! KEGGED
    Audi B4 80 V6 Avant '94 Only one in the country that I know of !!! KEGGED
    Subaru Forester XT '06 Genome Exhaust/Car-PC/Boost Gauge/Oettingers !
    --VW Bora V6 4mo '01 Gone

thats my next step, coming to my other question, does anybody no any mechanics around Melbourne east area some one not to expansive because im really tight for money at the moment

Users Country Flag
    Sounds to me like you dont have enough oil in the engine......

Users Country Flag
    Not 100% how the MK4 system works but on other dubs there are 2 pressure switches. One which operates at.3 BAR, switches off the light when you start the car.

The other which operates at 1.8 BAR in conjunction with a speed sensing gizmo set at 2500 revs or so. If you get to 2500 revs without 1.8 BAR of oil pressure, on comes the buzzer and light. They stay on until you turn the engine off.

I would estimate that's your 50kmh in second or third.

Steve's oil level is a goer for me. Check that first and get back to us.

Gavin

nah i have enough oil. thanks 4 everything guys,

ill get back to you when Ive figured it out

Users Country Flag
    Could be just a duff sensor but also the oil pump strainer could be blocked and several other things too.

What engine do you have?

Gavin

Try James at Audvolks in Clayton or Dean at Volkspower, burwood, both are good just really which one is your flavour.
    Audi B4 80 Q V6 '94 Race Car !! KEGGED
    Audi B4 80 V6 Avant '94 Only one in the country that I know of !!! KEGGED
    Subaru Forester XT '06 Genome Exhaust/Car-PC/Boost Gauge/Oettingers !
    --VW Bora V6 4mo '01 Gone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast