Thread: My Bora V6 2001 Issues

Users Country Flag

My Bora V6 2001 Issues

Hi Everyone,
    I recently bought a Bora V6 and I really like everything about it except the annoying issues it has:

1- AC doesn't blow cold air
    2- ABS light turns on sometimes on speeding
    3- Smell of gas in the car while speeding and high fuel consumption

Wondering if you've ever experienced such issues

My checks:
    2-On the computer there's an error related to longitudinal acceleration sensor, but the guy said something about they are all related and it could be other sensors
    3- I suspect it's the fuel pressure regulator but don't have the tools to measure the pressure

I would take it to someone like James down at Audvolks (he services my Bora & Polo).

1. AC just might need regassing
    2. could be a dirty ABS sensor
    3. never had fuel smell in my car, but high fuel consumption is "normal" when my wife drives it... lol
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag
    Might be worth checking AC fan is kicking on when the button is pressed too, mine "died" the other week, but checking the fan fuse saved me having to do a regas!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Guys @Lynchy @FarQ
    I will book an appointment with Audvolks, hopefully they won't charge me $1000
    Just one thing, dunno if your cars have this option or not but mine has a small display in Tachometer showing the real time MPG. On the 1-2 gears with the RPM 2-3K it shows the fuel consumption of 25-35 Liters/100 KM

Users Country Flag
    I'd be checking the air-conditioning system for leaks etc - definitely wouldn't hurt to re-gass it as it is 17 years old after all and that stuff doesn't last forever(!)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RolfGolf View Post
    I'd be checking the air-conditioning system for leaks etc - definitely wouldn't hurt to re-gass it as it is 17 years old after all and that stuff doesn't last forever(!)
    Re-gassing fixed it
    Thanks mate

I'm not sure if urs is the same but my 1.8t had a cracked fuel line running to the charcoal/evap can. Caused alot of fuel smell, just replaced with with standard fuel hose and all good for a while now.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    I'm not sure if urs is the same but my 1.8t had a cracked fuel line running to the charcoal/evap can. Caused alot of fuel smell, just replaced with with standard fuel hose and all good for a while now.
    This is a good point too - check all your hoses etc as they do crack especially given the age of the car.

Yeah especially any of the hard plastic lines like the brake booster vac line, or the kind woven/rubber ones they tend to rot alot, you can buy like 10m of high temp silicon hose off ebay for like $20. Aslong as your check valves are good you can replace the hard plastic lines with vac tube or some kind of reinforced rubber like fuel line.