Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk4 R32 #112

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom_r32 View Post
    I'm diggin the eye lids!
    yer wasnt sure when i bought them but once they went on they gave a whole nother look

Users Country Flag
    That looks so much like my R32 with eyelids and black badges

Very nice car, love the stance. did you have to get the adj rear control arms to correct the camber or...?
    Last edited by balkanac; 01-08-2011 at 12:14 PM.
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

[QUOTE=balkanac;did you have to get the adj rear control arms to correct the camber or...?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to no, is this a common thing you have to do??

Looks good!

With the coilover/spacer setup, are you running negative offset on the camber? Do you have any close up pictures of the rear wheels? Also how much have you lowered it?

I'm tossing up 20/25mm spacers on the rear with some FK sports edition plus coilovers but I want to know how much I can lower it before it starts to rub. I'm thinking about just running it at the highest which is still a 1.4" drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnap! View Post
    Looks good!

With the coilover/spacer setup, are you running negative offset on the camber? Do you have any close up pictures of the rear wheels? Also how much have you lowered it?

I'm tossing up 20/25mm spacers on the rear with some FK sports edition plus coilovers but I want to know how much I can lower it before it starts to rub. I'm thinking about just running it at the highest which is still a 1.4" drop.
    negative offset on the camber?
    negative offset is in regards to wheels and will show up as ET-5 or something for example, though you'll be looking at massive concavity of multipiece wheels to see this.

I think you mean negative camber, which is measure in degrees, typically between say -1 and -2 degrees. If you stand at the rear of the car, looking at the wheel and imagine a right angle from the road pointing straight up, you'll see the top of your wheel is further towards the inside of the car than the bottom of the wheel. That angle is your camber measurement.

Hard to know "how much you lowered it" because they are coils, not a specificed drop in mm like springs are. Your FK's will surely go lower than PSS9's. FK's are "famous" for getting a solid drop in, if you're running it at highest, how come you want FK's? Hope that helps.

OP,
    car looks great mate, nice choice of mods. Enjoy!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam Farey View Post
    I didn't have to no, is this a common thing you have to do??
    Mine is lowered on neuspeed springs, (about 30mm all around i think) and since then the camber on the rear wheels is huge. you can't see it on that photo, but when standing next to the car its pretty obvious.
    People usually get the adjustable rear lower control arms to fix this issue
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Quote Originally Posted by schoona View Post
    negative offset on the camber?
    negative offset is in regards to wheels and will show up as ET-5 or something for example, though you'll be looking at massive concavity of multipiece wheels to see this.
    -------------------------------------------
    Ahh my bad, I did mean negative camber, not negative offset camber...
    Just curious as it looks like there's some negative camber which could help with wheel scrub on the guards. i'm just seeing if this might make a significant difference if i have zero camber and run 25mm spacers.

as for the fk's, it seems like the best direction considering i can adjust the dampening and the low price. the 'highest' drop on the fk's according to fk/ecs is 1.4" which i think is a decent amount and considering it'll be on my daily i want a mix of looks and drivability - i don't want to have to rice it over speed bumps if you know what i mean...
    i think a combination of spacing the wheels out and lowering it moderately will be a good compromise but if there are any suggestions then i'm all ears!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnap! View Post
    Ahh my bad, I did mean negative camber, not negative offset camber...
    Just curious as it looks like there's some negative camber which could help with wheel scrub on the guards. i'm just seeing if this might make a significant difference if i have zero camber and run 25mm spacers.

as for the fk's, it seems like the best direction considering i can adjust the dampening and the low price. the 'highest' drop on the fk's according to fk/ecs is 1.4" which i think is a decent amount and considering it'll be on my daily i want a mix of looks and drivability - i don't want to have to rice it over speed bumps if you know what i mean...
    i think a combination of spacing the wheels out and lowering it moderately will be a good compromise but if there are any suggestions then i'm all ears!
    It's all good. Yes I know what you mean, the adjustable control arms are purchased to help control the amount of camber dialled in at a wheel alignment. Those are fairly reasonable spacer, I think I have seen tomtom say he had 10s on the front and 15s on the back and it sat nice for sure. He's on coils as well. The ability to wind in a little bit more camber does give more clearance as you stated yes. Probably be good to start a thread for yourself rather than talk about this in here though

I'll throw up a close up photo of the rear, although I can't notice any negative chamber at all, might show up later down the track with tyre wear but to look at its no different! Can't exactly say how much I lowered the car sorry, also I have the 25mm spacers on the back and it's dosnt rub at all!

Users Country Flag

The 30mm drop on my car gave a rear camber of about 2.5 degrees. Fronts weren't as bad. Adjustable control arms were needed to get the rears down to about 1.5 degrees and a subframe adjustment at the front got it back to about the same as well. That much camber looks fat and you do notice the handling improvement but bloody hell does it chew out the insides of the tyres. Looks the goods by the way.
    Cheers,
    Trent

2010 Renault Clio RenaultSPORT 200 Cup 20th Anniversary Edition - #19 of 30 - The French Connection...
    2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 MkIV - #044 of 200 - Gone But Not Forgotten...
    "Racing is life; Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen -=-=- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Unknown

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast