Support VWWC

Thread: MK4 GTI - Where to buy hoses

Users Country Flag

MK4 GTI - Where to buy hoses

It's probably time I replaced the intake/intercooler hoses on my GTI. I know that the AGU engine has slightly different sensors/pipes than some international models. I would prefer an AGU designed set to keep it neat and clean.

Does anyone know where I can buy an AGU hose set? In black with minimal branding if possible.
    79 MK1 GLD
    03 MK4 GTI
    94 993 Carrera

Users Country Flag
    Forge make an inlet pipe for the AGU. Not sure if there is an Australian distributor but available from URO tuning.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDieselGolf View Post
    It's probably time I replaced the intake/intercooler hoses on my GTI. I know that the AGU engine has slightly different sensors/pipes than some international models. I would prefer an AGU designed set to keep it neat and clean.

Does anyone know where I can buy an AGU hose set? In black with minimal branding if possible.
    Why are you replacing them, are they failing?

To work with other mods you have done?

I got mine from aliexpress, but I haven't put them on to test them out. They're so much cheaper than the branded ones I think its worth a go.
    It's pretty hard to find a silicone replacement for the tube that goes from the metal boost pipe who's name I've forgotten to the intercooler pipe though

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Forge make an inlet pipe for the AGU. Not sure if there is an Australian distributor but available from URO tuning.
    Cool, I'll take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirocco20348 View Post
    Why are you replacing them, are they failing?

To work with other mods you have done?
    Engine mods are minimal, but the pipes and clamps are 14 years old and have never been changed. I can see some residue in a few places where it may be leaking so I think it's time for some maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    I got mine from aliexpress, but I haven't put them on to test them out. They're so much cheaper than the branded ones I think its worth a go.
    It's pretty hard to find a silicone replacement for the tube that goes from the metal boost pipe who's name I've forgotten to the intercooler pipe though
    Cheers - I hadn't thought of aliexpress.

Thanks guys.
    79 MK1 GLD
    03 MK4 GTI
    94 993 Carrera